The holiday season will soon be approaching so it’s time to start thinking about decorating your home and bringing that festive look.
We’ll be taking a look at nine of the best Christmas tree lights that are currently available.
You’ll have plenty of options to choose from when it comes to finding your ideal lights. If you are running low on time at the moment, you can check out the top three list that we have immediately below.
You can choose between our overall pick, premium pick, or the budget option. Depending on your budget and personal preferences, you’re bound to find the right choice for Christmas lights.
Top 3 Picks
- 1 Top 3 Picks
- 2 Best Christmas Lights Reviews
- 2.1 Sylvania Mini Christmas Lights
- 2.2 RPGT 1000 LED Lights
- 2.3 Holiday Joy 300-Count Green Wire Christmas Tree Lights
- 2.4 Prextex 100-Count Clear Green Wire Christmas Light Set
- 2.5 Aluan Christmas Lights
- 2.6 Twinkle Star 200 LED Christmas Lights
- 2.7 Indoor Christmas String Lights (220 LED)
- 2.8 FULLBELL LED String Christmas Lights
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Christmas Tree Lights Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Christmas Tree Lights FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Best Pick: RPGT 1000 LED Lights
- Dark green cable- Perfectly hiding at nights or plants; 1000 Multi Color LEDs up to 336 feet length(102.5m)
- Memory Function: The light will remain the last mode setting while you turn on the power next time.
- Low voltage 30V even after long lasting continuous flashing is safe to touch without risk of burns
- IP44 waterproof class, can stay outdoors on a rainy day but the plug-in transformer must be kept indoor used.
- Eight Modes: Combination, In Waves, Sequential, Slo-glo, Chasing / Flash, Slow Fade, Twinkle/ Flash, Steady On.
1000 lights? No joke. These are probably one of the best choices if you want more lights compared to the others. On top of that, they are LED lights. So they can last a very long time and will be perfect for holidays and occasions other than Christmas.
Stylish Pick: Aluan Christmas Lights
- 【Wide application】 Soft warm white light can add fairy charming atmosphere to your bedroom, patio, lawn, porch, gate, yard, stage. Aluan Christmas lights would be the perfect decoration for parties, wedding, fashion shows, Christmas or other occasions that need romantic and dreamy ambience, it's also bright enough to illuminate at night but will not flash to your eyes, ideal for indoor & outdoor using.
- 【Extendable】 It designed with male and female plug that can connect more than 2 lights together using one transformer for wider application. There is a clear connector at the start of the string lights that can be used to attach another cord of lights, which is more convenient to use.
- 【Safety insurance】The fairy lights is authoritative UL certified and adopt 30V low voltage plug, which is lower than human body safe voltage, definitely no risk of electric shock. Low consumption, no over- heating even after long time using. Just plug it into the socket to turn the led string lights on, unplug to turn it off, super easy to operate.
- 【8 modes adjustable】 8 adjustable modes can satisfy your different need on different occassions, just press the button on the transformer to change shining mode: steady on, in wave, fast in wave, twinkle in sequential, slow fade and glow, chasing flash, slow fade and twinkle. The string lights will remember the last setting mode before cutting off, there's no need to reset it in the next use.
- 【length detail】 This LED string lights is 13m/ 43ft long in total, wire with LEDs: 10m/ 33ft, spacing between per LED: 10cm/ 4in, lead cord without lights: 3m/ 10ft, which is long enough to connect the lights to the power from anywhere.
A more stylish choice if you would like to use a single color theme in your christmas tree decoration.
Budget Pick: Holiday Joy 300 Count Christmas Lights
- 300 multi color mini lights on green wire
- 31 feet lighted length per set of 150 lights; 12" Lead wire; 2.5" Spacing between bulbs; 2.5" to end plug
- If one light goes out, the rest stay lit; Approved for indoor / outdoor use
- Extra bulbs and fuses included
- UL Listed to safely connect 3 strings
There is no denying that these lights are a solid option. They are excellent in quality and affordable for the wallet. Plus, they are loaded with pretty colors as well. What’s not to like about them?
Best Christmas Lights Reviews
Sylvania Mini Christmas Lights
First, we have theSylvania Mini Christmas Lights. These are great if you need a set of lights for smaller Christmas trees. And they can be perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
These are probably one of the best energy-efficient Christmas lights you can find on the market. So if you want to keep the holiday season merry and bright without jacking up the energy bill, then you might find these lights to be an excellent choice. Energy efficiency is always the better option these days, anyway.
You can get multiple sets of these lights and be able to connect them if you want a much longer strand. If you have a larger Christmas tree, then it will be easy to set them up. Just connect one end to the other and you’ll be in business.
These are the perfect lights for someone who would much prefer multiple colors than white. Besides, the colorful your Christmas tree is, the better. Then again, we all have our personal preferences when it comes to our holiday setup.
- Energy efficient
- Very colorful
- Can be easily connected with multiple sets of these lights
- Great for trees of all sizes
- Nice and well-lit
- Basic Style
RPGT 1000 LED LightsRPGT 1000 LED Lights. These are multi-purpose lights that are great for almost any occasion. It’s the kind of lights made for the user that is not afraid to add a little color to their festivities.
Since they are LED lights, you can be able to use them for quite a long time. As such, you can also be able to brighten up your Christmas tree or a party room without having to use too much energy. It’s no secret that LEDs tend to be all the rage these days.
These are low voltage lights that will brighten up the indoors or outdoors for almost any decor. Plus, they are waterproof and won’t get ruined if snow or rain tends to come down quite heavily. If you want plenty of lights, you got 1000 of them at your disposal.
- Great for large Christmas trees and large rooms
- Super bright
- Perfect for plenty of holidays and occasions
- Can last a long time
- Very colorful
- Too many for smaller trees
Holiday Joy 300-Count Green Wire Christmas Tree Lights
Now we’ll be taking a look at the Holiday Joy 300-Count Green Wire Christmas Tree Lights. These are by far one of the best looking lights if you want more color for your decorations. And with 300 little lights to use, that will definitely make your Christmas tree stand out a lot.
The entire strand of lights is measured at 31 feet. So you might be more inclined to use these if you have a larger Christmas tree. If you have some spare space on the roof for more lights, you got the exact length to make sure that all of your bases are covered.
You have extra lights and fuses on hand just in case one of the lights burns out. Even if one light goes, the rest will stay lit no matter what. It eliminates the problem that has long frustrated many people with Christmas lights.
These are safe to use both indoors and outdoors. So why not set these up the way you want them? After all, the holiday season is all about showing off the best Christmas colors to make it look more festive.
- Affordable for most users
- Great for Christmas trees and large rails
- Super colorful
- Lights stay on even when one burns out
- Easy to replace lights and fuses when needed
- Basic Style
Prextex 100-Count Clear Green Wire Christmas Light SetThe Prextex 100-count Clear Green Wire Christmas Light Set look like your basic, standard Christmas lights that you’d set up at some point during the Christmas holiday. These are perfect for when you want to add a little more color to your Christmas tree.
You get two flasher bulbs, two additional bulbs, and replacement fuses as part of an awesome package deal. In case things go a bit haywire with your lights, you can be able to get them replaced fairly quickly. These lights are designed for both indoor and outdoor use.
There is nothing quite like Christmas lights when they are set up during the holiday season. Whether you put them on a tree or somewhere outdoors alongside your home, you’d be hard-pressed to find a good set of lights that are simple to set up. If you want simplicity and a bit more color to your holiday decor, these are the lights to go with.
- Easy to set up
- Includes replacement parts
- They look very good, even from a distance
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use
- Reasonably priced
- Not suitable for very large Christmas trees
Aluan Christmas Lights
Next on the list, we’ll be taking a look at the Aluan Christmas Lights. These come in 100 or 200 piece lights. If you are looking for a simple white color, then you might want to consider the idea of going with these.
They are very bright and are without question great for small trees or smaller outdoor objects such as a railing or a mailbox. If you are just looking for simple lights that are a bit short in length, these should be no problem. Especially when you want to keep the decor to a minimum.
These are fairly easy to connect and will certainly be simple to set up when the time comes. Why settle for a complicated setup when it should be easy? Just string these up, plug them in, and you’ll get the best looking lights for your tree or a part of your home decor.
- Super affordable
- Easy to set up
- Great for trees and outdoor decorations
- Well lit and very bright
- Doesn’t suck up a lot of power
- No constant mode
Twinkle Star 200 LED Christmas Lights
Now, we’ll be taking a look at the Twinkle Star 200 LED Christmas Lights. These are another set of colorful lights that will be perfect for just about any tree or holiday decor. Since they are a 200 count, they will probably work well with larger trees.
Plus, you’ll have plenty of coverage if you choose to decorate an indoor room or even part of the house outside. These are LED lights, so they are likely to last much longer than standard Christmas lights. The longevity of LED lights is quite astounding.
To take it one step further, these LED lights will provide you with more brightness than ever before. Compare that to old school Christmas lights that tend to dim and easily burn out. So the choice between those and LEDs is clearly obvious.
These lights come in 8 different settings. You can choose between waves, slow glow, sequential patterns, and so much more. The possibilities are pretty much endless.
If you are looking for lighting that is designed to impress, the Twinkle Star Christmas lights are probably your best option. With different lighting patterns and enough length, how can you go wrong with lights like these?
- Super colorful
- Lights up much brighter than common Christmas lights
- Great for indoor and outdoor use
- Perfect for trees and other decorations
- A few users say there are not enough low and slow modes
Indoor Christmas String Lights (220 LED)
Now, we’ll be taking a look at the Indoor Christmas String Lights. These contain 220 LED lights that will make any Christmas tree brighter than ever before. If you are looking for Christmas tree lights that can last a long time, these could be exactly what you need.
These are bright, don’t fade or burn out quickly compared to other lights, and are super easy to set up. If you want to bring out your inner Clark Griswold this holiday season, these might be the lights you need at a price that you won’t mind paying for.
The good news about these lights is that they are IP44 waterproof. Even when it snows heavily during the wintertime, they won’t affect these lights at all. No short circuits, no water damage, or anything quite like it.
Even better is that these lights can be used for multiple purposes. It doesn’t have to be during Christmas time when you want to use these lights. These are great for weddings, parties, or any kind of festivities you want to throw in your house.
If you want colorful lights that can last a long time, these string lights are the perfect option.
- Great for multiple purposes
- Very colorful
- Easy to set up
- Very bright and well lit
- Affordable for most budgets
- Remote can be delayed when pressed
FULLBELL LED String Christmas Lights
Now, we’ll be taking a look at the Fullbell LED String Christmas Lights. These lights are a different kind of white compared to some of the standard white Christmas lights. This shade of white is considered the “soft white”.
These lights are considered the brightest compared to the typical warm white shades that you see with most Christmas lights. Not only are they perfect for Christmas, but they are great for just about any other occasion. You can reuse these for any kind of get-together or holiday.
If you are looking for a cost-effective, energy-efficient kind of light then these will be the perfect choice. Not to mention, they are also waterproof. When the weather turns bad and you use these outdoors, you won’t have to worry about these getting ruined.
These lights will last you a long time and will not burn out as quickly as some Christmas lights. And it’s lights like these that will set the standard with how Christmas lights should be in the future. If you want decent LED Christmas lights, then you’ll want to give these a go.
- Can last a long time
- Waterproof for outdoor use
- Great for all kinds of occasions
- Easy setup
- Very bright
- Can drain batteries fairly quickly
Other Best Selling Options
- 11 Lighting Modes & Color Changing: 11 lighting modes available for all occasions. Warm & multicolor combination, steady on for warm white; multicolor; mix 1(30% warm + 70% multicolor); and mix 2(70% warm + 30% multicolor) separately, warm & multicolor Slo-Glo, breathing for warm & multicolor, warm Slo-Glo, multicolor Slo-Glo, flash for warm and multicolor, in wave for warm and multicolor. Enable you to choose warm for a quiet and cozy moment, and multicolor for a cheerful moment.
- Dimmable String Lights: 100%-75%-50%-25% 4 level brightness, create suitable, comfortable atmospheres at your needs according to various accasions. Noted: While in multicolor modes, all the colors (including red, yellow, blue, green) will be shown together, no specific colors can be set up!
- End-to-End Connectable: Upgraded adapter string lights allowing end-to-end linkable up to 3 sets, total 600 LED 197ft, can extend to get your desire decoration needs and release you from worrying about not enough socket issue.
- Remote Control: Brings you great convenience with the included remote, control the string lights with 4 brightness level, 11 lighting modes, timer and turn it on/off. Up to 26.25ft wireless range. Note: Please remove the insulation sheet before use.
- Perfect Light Decoration: Clear wire with 24V UL listed power adapter led string lights, warm white+multicolor, create a warm or colorful atmosphere for you. Low power consumption, no heat. Perfect for wedding, bedroom, shopping mall, patio, christmas decoration! Note: These lights are not connectable!
- Christmas Decorations 100 Count lights, Comes with 2 Flasher Bulbs 2 Extra Bulbs & 2 Replacement Fuse
- 18" Lead Wire, 3" End Connector.
- Wire Color Is Green, Five sets of lights can be connected together. Replacement Fuses Are 2F/2R/1
- For Indoor & Outdoor Use Christmas lights
- Clear String To String Christmas Decorations Light Set
- Incandescent Christmas Lights: 150 count per string with bulb space 2.76in, 2.5V and 0.43W per bulbs, built-in 3A fuse for safety use. Extra bulbs and fuses included.
- Connectable Warm Glow Strand Lights: This mini Christmas light set is end to end connectable up to 4 sets (600 lights), expandable up to a longer 139.2ft length for any big project or small. UL certified, great value and quality, safety use.
- 300 Vibrant Lights: Old-fashion warm white incandescent Christmas light set, creates a warm and festive atmosphere, surely lights up your living/dorm room and house, warm welcome sign at night and let your home become a fantastic sight to behold in your neighborhood!
- Warm White Glow: Color is warm white, the micro bulb creates a 360º sparkling glowing, super bright with a holiday atmosphere, it would illuminate your Christmas and what you want with beautiful warm color and enough brightness. Eco-friendly corded-electric source, environmental! 100% UL certification, high quality certified products ensure the safety of you and your family.
- Indoor & Outdoor Decor: UL listed, perfect for Christmas trees, wreaths, wrapping trees, patios, pergolas, bushes, hedges, fences, pillars, weddings, holidays, prom, dance functions, restaurants, bars or wherever decoration lighting is wanted! Note: Please kindly protect these string lights from immersing in water!
- 【Unique Dual-Color Modes】There are 11 unique dual-colors under “FLASH” and “SMOOTH” switch, Unique “FLASH” and “SMOOTH” button, one press one mode, including multicolor and dual-colors jump, flash, and cycle modes. Under “FLASH” mode, there are 7 kinds of flash dual-colors. (A color steady on, the other color flash). Under “SMOOTH” mode, there are 7 kinds of smooth dual-colors (Two colors twinkle), amazing to decor any occasion, like "red & blue" mode for the July 4th.
- 【Memory Function & Different Timer Options】The color changing string lights have memory function, no need to repeat settings. Set "4H" "6H"& “8H” by remote, the Christmas string lights will be automatically on for 4/6/8 hours and off for 20/18/16 hours per day. Press the "Time OFF", the timer will be canceled.【NOTE】When the lights turn on, it may show the default color in zero second, then it will convert to the settings color or modes.
- 【 UL Safety Adapter & Multifunctional Remote】2 ways for lighting mode control: The plug in string lights can be controlled by switch button,or 28 key remote control, convenient and flexible mode changing. UL certification low voltage power adapter ensure safety use. Multifunctional remote, you to switch from 17 single color, multicolor, and 11 kinds of dual-color. handy operation, no need to worry the string lights installed too tall and difficult to control it.
- 【10 Levels Speed & Brightness】10 Levels to adjust lights brightness and modes speed. Brightness dimmer 17 single colors of the led string lights. The speed adjust the modes: AUTO/ FADE/ FLASH/ SMOOTH, delight your wedding, Christmas, party, curtains, trees creating a festive ambience.
- 【Waterproof Sting Lights】The LED color string lights is IP44 water-resistant and work well even in rainy days, perfect for indoor and outdoor decorations. 【NOTE】 When using outdoor, please kindly protect the power adapter and electric transformer from the water!
- 👉【Why Choose This Christmas Lights for Indoor and Outdoor】 Extra-Long Green Wire ( Total length is 95ft, of which 79ft with lights ), Super Bright with Upgraded LED chips, Safer Plug in(UL588 Approved), Waterproof, 8 Lighting Modes, Romantic Decoration.
- 👉【Perfect Christmas Gifts & Christmas Decorations】 For girls and children, with such beautiful Christmas string lights, they will be happy with such romantic atmosphere and like the fantastic scene. It is time to add a festive looking to your family!
- 👉【Much Safer & Widely Use】 29V low voltage plug with UL certified, make this lights safer than those without UL approval. Easy and great decor for Christmas holiday party, Wedding, Thanksgiving day, indoor and outdoor. Widely used to decorate Christmas tree.
- 👉【8 Lighting Modes Twinkle Lights】8 Functions to fit different occasions, moods, feelings, holidays, festivals, anniversaries, etc. (Combination, In waves, Sequential, Slow Glow, Chasing/Flash, Slow fade, Twinkle/Flash, Steady on). Adjust the lighting modes by pressing the round button on the adapter.
- 👉【Waterproof Outdoor Fairy Lights】 Perfect for Patio, Garden, Yard, Porch, Roof, Fence, Restaurant, Hotel, Commercial building, Shopping center etc.
Christmas Tree Lights Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right kind of lights can be a bit challenging. So we’ve put together this quick buyer’s guide to help you make a decision. We’ll be taking a look at some considerations that you need to mull over before buying as well as a few frequently asked questions.
These are some things to consider so you can make a decision based on your personal criteria. This will also help you eliminate your options because they fall short in some way. Here are some things to look at:
Price may be one of the concerns among many shoppers. However, it’s not a good idea to go cheap. Find the quality that matches your budget. The price will be based on your budget range.
White Or Multi-Color?
With Christmas lights, you have two choices. You can go plain white or multi-colored. This decision will be based solely on your own personal preferences. But consider taking a look at your Christmas decor first prior to making a final decision.
LED or Incandescent?
Today, Christmas lights are available in the regular incandescent or LED. These days, a lot of people will rely on LEDs since they last a long time. If you care more about longevity, they will be the best option. Incandescents may last a couple of years but nothing beyond that.
Both of them use a low amount of power. So you won’t have to worry about jacking up your power bill no matter how long you use them.
Christmas Tree Lights FAQs
The following is a list of frequently asked questions. Use this as a guide to help you understand a bit more about Christmas lights so you can make a better purchasing decision. Here are the following questions:
How many lights do you need for a 6-foot Christmas tree?
A six-foot Christmas tree will need about 400 to 700 lights. As a rule, add 100 more lights for every foot and a half. So if your tree is measured at six and a half feet, you can likely get away with at least 800 lights at maximum.
Can Christmas lights cause a fire?
One common fire hazard that can be posed by Christmas lights is when the sockets are overloaded. Also, Christmas lights can catch fire if they are near any heat sources such as candles, fireplaces, etc.
If they are blinking because it’s part of a light setting, then no worries. But if the blinking is a bit concerning, check to see if the light bulb is secure. A blinking light may also mean a fuse is faulty or is in the process of being blown out.
Why are LED Christmas lights better?
LED Christmas lights are typically a better option because they are proven to be energy efficient. On top of that, LED Christmas lights stay lit even if one of the bulbs is burnt out.
Finding the right Christmas lights can be a challenge. But it doesn’t have to be. Check out the list above and choose which lights will fit you best.
Whether it’s white or colored, you’d be hard-pressed to find the best lights that will bring out the best in your tree. Remember, these lights don’t always have to be used just during the holidays.