Are you an artist looking for a space to express your creativity? A craft table gives you exactly what you need to work on your projects. You get a large surface, with plenty of storage options, and a dedicated place for you to unleash your creative self.
There are dozens of craft table designs. Some focus on art and general crafts, while others have a dedicated use for sewing or other crafts. Choosing the right model to meet your artistry requirements depends on what you want to get out of the table.
This review looks at the best craft table with storage facilities. We spent hours going through listing s to save you time finding the best models available. Choose one of our top picks, or read through our choices to find the best craft table with storage to meet your artistry needs.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Craft Table with Storage Reviews
- 2.1 Eclipse Craft Center 13365
- 2.2 Studio Designs 10053 Vision Craft Station
- 2.3 Martin Universal Design Ashley Hobby Stool Art Table
- 2.4 Studio Designs Futura Deluxe Craft Station
- 2.5 OneSpace Craft Station
- 2.6 SD Studio Designs Comet Center
- 2.7 Studio Designs 10061
- 2.8 Sew Ready Comet Sewing Table
- 2.9 SD Studio Designs Project Center
- 2.10 Furinno Craft Table with Storage
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Craft Table Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Craft Table FAQs
- 6 Craft Tables – The Verdict
Best Pick: Eclipse Craft Center 13365
- Main work surface: 35.5’’W x 23.5’’D
- 24" Slide-Up Pencil Ledge
- Additional Under Desktop Storage Shelf
- Top Angle Adjustment from Flat to 40 Degrees, Heavy Gage Steel Construction for Durability
- (6) Floor Levelers for Stability, Padded Stool Included
Premium Pick: Studio Designs 10053 Vision Craft Station
- Overall Dimensions:40.75"W x 25.75"D x 30" - 49"H at full tilt, Main Work Surface 35.5"W x 23.75"D
- Tempered Blue Safety Glass Top, Top Angle Adjustment from Flat to 70 Degrees
- 3 Plastic Molded Slide out Drawers for Storage (for use on left or right side)
- Heavy Gage Powder Coated Steel Construction for Durability, 23.75"W x 2"D Storage Pencil Ledge
- (4) Casters for Mobility with 2 Locking, Four Removable Side Trays for Supplies
Budget Pick: Martin Universal Design Ashley Hobby Stool Art Table
- This easy-to-assemble table is an ideal choice for artists, crafters and hobbyists when space is a consideration
- The cherry wood melamine top measures 23. 5” x 35. 5”and rests on a sturdy tubular steel white powder-coated frame
- Top easily adjusts from 0 – 45° with a simple one-hand tilt mechanism while height can incrementally be modified from 26 – 30. 5” from the flat position
- Tools can conveniently be stored in the three-drawer side unit or in the pencil trough
- Stool with padded vinyl seat included
Craft Table with Storage Reviews
Eclipse Craft Center 13365
This craft table wins our best overall award in this review. You get a sturdy steel frame with adjustable feet for leveling the desktop.
There are black-on-black or black-on-white color options, with the primary table beveling from flat to 40-degrees.
This Studio Designs model comes with stool included, with a padded seat.
You get an under-table storage rack, with a side-drawer system. This model is a great choice for students and professional craftspeople.
- Stylish black-on-black color
- 24-inch sliding pencil ledge
- Under-table storage space
- Table bevels to 40-degrees
- Floor-leveling feet
- 3-drawer side storage included
Studio Designs 10053 Vision Craft Station
This Studio Designs model is a great choice for artists and the winner of this review’s best premium model.
You get a sturdy steel frame, with casters on the feet for mobility around the office, bedroom, or studio.
The desktop bevels from flat to 70-degrees, for easy setup to your preference. The desktop features four storage units for arts and crafts materials on either side.
You get three under-counter plastic storage drawers for craft materials and a deep pencil ledge. The desktop features a design with tempered safety glass, and the side drawers have a locking design.
- Good choice for artists
- 70-degree beveling desktop
- Four lockable side storage units
- Three under-counter plastic drawers
- Solid steel frame
- A clear, tempered, safety glass desktop
- Casters for easy movement
- Rubber feet included to change out casters
Martin Universal Design Ashley Hobby Stool Art Table
If you’re looking for the best budget craft table in this review, this Martin Universal Design is a top choice for craftspeople and artists.
You get a cherrywood melamine desktop for a classic look and a durable steel frame. The base of the frame features rubber leveling-feet for easy setup in any room.
The desktop on this model tilts from flat to 45-degrees, with a simple, one-handed tilting operation.
This model includes a stool with a padded seat, and you get three under-counter plastic storage drawers. There’s a side storage bracket for your art bag on the right-hand side of the desk.
- Cherrywood melamine desktop
- Sturdy steel frame
- Desktop bevels to 45-degrees
- Adjustable leveling-feet
- Three-drawer under-counter storage
- Side storage rack
- Padded stool included
Studio Designs Futura Deluxe Craft Station
This Studio Designs model suits professional craftspeople and artists. You get a durable powder-coated steel frame, with casters for easy movement around the office or studio.
There’s a three-drawer under-counter system with plastic drawers for leakproof storage. We like the alternative mounting system for the drawers, allowing you to set them up on the right or left side of the desk.
This model features a large 36″ x 24″ work surface, with desktop storage on the sides. Pack away your paintbrushes, glue gun, and other craft materials in dedicated storage compartments. The desktop tilts from flat to 40-degrees, with a pencil ledge included.
- 45-degree tilting desktop
- Pencil ledge included
- Lockable side storage containers
- Durable steel frame
- Casters for mobility
- 3-drawer under-counter storage system
- Dual-side drawer mounting
OneSpace Craft Station
This stylish craft table from OneSpace features an all-black design, providing an impressive visual aesthetic for your studio or office.
This model comes with a smoked safety glass desktop for a remarkable visual effect. The black-out design of the desk features a steel, powder-coated frame.
We like the addition of casters on this model’s feet, allowing for easy movement around the room. The desktop tilts from flat to 62.5-degrees, with a pencil ledge included.
You get desktop side storage containers for your art tools and two material under-counter drawers for additional storage.
- Attractive black-out design
- A smoked tempered safety glass desktop
- Desktop tilts from flat to 62.5-degrees
- Sturdy powder-coated steel frame
- Casters on feet
- 2-drawer under-counter storage system
- Side drawers on the desktop for craft tools
SD Studio Designs Comet Center
This hot pink model from Studio Designs is a great choice for students and artists. This model features durable steel and a powder-coated frame with a hot pink finish.
If the hot pink color is too much for you, this model comes in a range of colors to suit your taste. The desktop on this model tilts from flat to 32-degrees, with a quartz-style desktop finish that looks attractive.
You get three under-counter storage drawers, with an under-desk storage rack. This model comes with a padded stool, and you get adjustable feet to level to the desk in any room.
- Desktop bevels 32-degrees
- Pencil ledge included
- Three under-counter material drawer system
- Under-desk storage rack
- Adjustable feet for leveling
- Hot pink design suitable for students and studios
- Comes with a padded stool
- Available in a range of colors
Studio Designs 10061
This Studio Designs model is another great choice for a budget craft table. You get all the other SD models’ perks, including a desktop that bevels from flat to 70-degrees.
This model comes with a tempered safety glass desktop and side storage containers for your craft tools. You get a durable, steel, powder-coated frame, with casters on the feet for easy movement around the office or studio.
This craft table comes with a three-drawer under-counter storage system. The molded plastic drawers are leakproof, for mess-free storage. We like the inclusion of the padded, adjustable stool with five height settings.
- A tempered safety glass desktop
- Tilts to 70-degrees
- Side storage racks for craft tools
- 3-drawer plastic molded storage system
- Pencil ledge included
- Sawtooth included for hanging
- Adjustable padded stool included
Sew Ready Comet Sewing Table
This dedicated sewing model from Sew Ready is the best choice for a seamstress.
You get a steel powder-coated frame with an under-foot storage rack. This model features an adjustable desktop, allowing you to position your sewing machine to a flat, flush surface.
This model comes with adjustable feet to suit set up in any room, on any surface. This sewing table comes with a folding side shelf to extend the work surface.
- Dedicated sewing design
- Split tabletop with a dedicated compartment for sewing machine
- Available in a range of configurations
- Under-desk storage rack
- Adjustable desk level
- Sturdy black powder-coated steel frame
- Adjustable feet
SD Studio Designs Project Center
The SD Project center is another great choice for craftspeople. You get an attractive hot pink steel frame with decent height and a bench included with your purchase.
This model comes with hooks on the sides of the desk for bags and other items. You get a side paper roll holder for easy roll-out and a durable desktop.
- Flat-top design for crafts
- Hooks for hanging bags and other items
- Attractive hot pink design
- Wide stool for two people
- Available in several color options
Furinno Craft Table with Storage
If you’re looking for a classic design in your craft table, we recommend this model from Furinno. You get a beechwood design, featuring a 31.5″ x 15.6″ desktop.
The rounded edge of the desk forms an attractive aesthetic, and we like the spacious side-storage levels.
This model comes with two under-counter material drawers, and it’s a great choice for a budget model with an attractive look.
The small size of this craft desk makes it the ideal choice for dorm rooms and smaller studios.
- Small size ideal for dorms
- Attractive beechwood laminate finish
- Side storage tower for computer equipment
- Two under-counter material storage drawers
- Clean design with lovely lines
- Lightweight and easy to move
Other Best Selling Options
- Melamine top surface is heat, stain, and scratch-resistant
- Three storage drawers can be pulled out from either side of table
- Drawers are removable and can function as a tray
- Open shelving for storage and display of home décor
- Finished on all sides for versatile placement anywhere in your home
- Ideal storage for home, classroom, crafts or art studios
- Semi-transparent large storage drawers for easy viewing
- Locking wheels provide maneuverability and stability when needed
- Can function as an additional workspace
- Assembly tools and instructions included
- Seven drawer roll cart made from real wood that will last for years. No particle board!
- Multi-purpose storage on wheels. Use in the kitchen, garage, home office, or project rooms
- Gate leg extension provides additional work space to complete projects
- Ideal storage for arts and crafts, scrapbooking, sewing, school supplies, and toys
- 29 1/3 Height x 41 3/4 Width x 15 1/3 Length/Depth
- Expanded multi-drawer storage
- 5 Drawers plus 2-compartment cabinet
- Perfect for crafts, office, college dorm, or playroom
- Made of sturdy composite wood
- Overall Dimensions: 49"W x 24"D x 30" - 42.75"H, Top Dimensions: 36"W x 24"D
- (3) 12.75" x 12.75" Storage Drawers, 24" Slide-Up Pencil Ledge
- Additional Under Desktop Storage Shelf
- Top Angle Adjustment from Flat to 32 Degrees, Heavy Gage Steel Construction for Durability
- (6) Floor Levelers for Stability, Padded Stool Included
Craft Table Buyer’s Guide
After reading through the reviews on the best craft tables with storage, you probably have your eye on a few models. In this section, we’ll unpack the details of what to look for in your ideal craft table.
What Can You Do with a Craft Table?
There are plenty of reasons to invest in a craft table.
- Dedicated Space – A craft table gives you a dedicated space for your projects. There’s no more need to use the dining room table and drive your parents or spouse crazy with all the clutter.
- Sewing and Crafts – If you’re a seamstress or enjoy working on quilting or other sewing projects, a craft table is a blessing. There are plenty of dedicated sewing models available for your craft table.
- Drawing and Artwork – If you’re an artist, you need plenty of space to work. A craft table gives you a tilting desktop for altering your perspective and working position.
- Give Your Kids a Study Space – A craft table gives your kids a dedicated study space for their homework and school projects.
- Perspective – A tilting desktop allows you to alter your perspective on your work. Keep your eyes on the center of the piece, and you’ll have less distortion in your work. If you’re working head-down on a flat desktop, it aligns your visual focal point to a single spot. A tilting design resolves this issue, giving you more perspective.
What Do I Look for In a Craft Table?
When selecting your ideal craft table, keep a lookout for the following design features.
- Drawing Tool Storage – Craft tables designed for artists come with side storage units. Use it to house your paintbrushes, pencils, pens, markers, and paints. The side storage containers keep your essentials within arms reach for easy access when working.
- Storage Space – Most models feature storage space underfoot and drawers at the sides. Some models come with folding side tables. Choose the storage that meets your needs. Some models come with material drawers, while others feature a molded plastic design. If you’re working with messy materials like paint, we recommend going with the plastic molded design.
- Secure Stand – The stand is an essential component of your craft table. We recommend looking for models that support a decent amount of weight. The feet of the frame should include non-marking, adjustable rubber stoppers, or casters. Adjustable feet help you level the table, while casters let your wheel the table around the office or studio.
- Materials – Choose models that feature a durable steel frame. Many manufacturers offer powder-coated frames available in a range of colors to suit the décor and style of your studio or office.
- Size and Space – The size and space of the table make a difference. If you have a smaller apartment or studio, you’ll need a slimmer design than someone who has plenty of space available.
- Design – The design of the crat table makes a difference in its functionality. Storage compartments, beveling tabletops, and adjustable feet all come together to form the structure that’s suitable for your crafting requirements.
- Functionality – Look for models that suit your craft needs. If you’re an artist, that might include a beveling desktop. However, the same feature might not be necessary for someone that works on general projects and crafts. Select a functional and practical design that meets your artistic needs.
- Ergonomics – We recommend going with a craft table featuring an ergonomic design. Tilting the desktop to your ideal working position reduces the stress on your neck while improving your perspective on your work. Avoid tight neck muscles and get a model with a tilting desktop.
Craft Table FAQs
What’s the difference between a craft table and a desk?
If you’re an artist or craftsperson, you need a dedicated work surface. Desks feature design for office work, with no adjustable desktop angles, and minimal storage units. With a craft table, you get a dedicated workspace design and plenty of storage.
How do I make my craft table more comfortable ?
Make your next craft table more comfortable with the addition of a few accessories. A comfortable chair or stool with memory foam padding is a great way to increase your comfort.
If your model comes with a stool, we recommend opting for a memory foam floor mat. This mat allows you to work standing, with the foam absorbing the stress on your feet.
What is the best height for my craft table?
For most craftspeople, a table with a height of around 32-inches is optimal for user comfort. Your setup depends on whether you prefer looking up at your work or down at it from above. Tilting desktops allow adjustment of the work surface to suit your seating or viewing position.
82 cm (about 32.5 inches) is my ideal height as I like to look down over my work, like a low dining table and a dining chair works, but a normal dining table is too high.
Where do I purchase the best craft table with storage?
Buy your craft table from Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you get fast, free shipping to any destination in the United States. Amazon offers buyer protection on your purchase and a hassle-free returns process if there’s anything wrong with your craft table.
Craft Tables – The Verdict
The right craft table can give you hours of joy and boost your productivity. This review of the best craft table with storage options gives you plenty of choices. Select the model that matches your creative needs, and start working on your next project!
If you’re having some issues settling on the best craft table for your creative requirements, why not go with one of our top picks?