Woodworking and carpentry require a good number of tools. Those tools will be mostly power tools. But if there is one thing that you will need the most, it’s a good quality sander.
There are plenty of sanders out there for all kinds of woodworking projects. Yet, the random orbital sander might be the kind to have on hand. If you are looking for a tool that will help smooth out edges and surfaces, you’ll want to invest in an orbital sander that we’ll be taking a closer look at.
You don’t have to be a professional handyman or woodworking on a regular basis. It’s good to have a random orbital sander at hand whenever you are in the mood for that weekend project or something bigger than that (like building a new shed in the backyard).
Top 3 Picks
- 1 Top 3 Picks
- 2 Top 10 Random Orbital Sander Reviews
- 2.1 TACKLIFE 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander
- 2.2 Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 5-inch Random Orbital Sander
- 2.3 Makita BO5041 3-Amp 4000-12000 OPM D-Handle Random Orbital Sander
- 2.4 Ginour 6 Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander
- 2.5 PORTER-CABLE Random Orbit Sander
- 2.6 Craftsman Random Orbit Sander 3-Amp
- 2.7 DeWalt 20V MAX Orbital Sander
- 2.8 SKIL 5-inch Random Orbital Sander
- 2.9 Black + Decker Random Orbit Sander
- 2.10 Metabo HPT Random Orbit Sander
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Random Orbital Sander Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Random Orbital Sanders FAQ
- 6 Conclusion
Best Pick: TACKLIFE 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander
- ✿【 POWERFUL CONTROLLABLE SPEED】: 6 adjustable speed dials can provides the right amount of power and control across different material; 2.4A (280W) / 6000-13000RPM motor provides powerful powe. It can work 13000 revolution(s) per minute, which is more efficient and convenient than traditional manual grinding.
- ✿【DUST COLLECTION】: Sander is equipped with a microfilter system that traps particles as small as 1/2 micron in diameter, the dust collection box can collects dust when doing sanding work.【CARRY】: We are equipped with a carrying bag for customers to store or carry around after use.
- ✿【LOW VIBRATION】through its ergonomic design and a soft rubber grip your hand stays comfortable while counterweight balance reduces hand fatigue from vibration. All so that you can work longer.
- ✿【USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN】: Special dust-proof switch design keeps all dust and debris out, ensuring a longer service life of the orbital sander, it is an ideal tool to sanding wood.
- ✿【Ideal for Indoor Work】 Precision engineered all-ball bearing construction for reduced vibration and noise, the machine works stably with low vibration, low noise, ideal for indoor work.
While TACKLIFE is not a popular brand name compared to Makita, DeWalt, or Craftsman, it has plenty of features and is arguably one of the most reliable random orbit sanders on the market. This is no standalone sander. You can buff, polish, and even remove rust, corrosion, paint, blemishes, and more. Consider it one of those sanders that can do it all.
Premium Pick: Makita 18V VLT Lithium-Ion Cordless 5-inch Random Orbital Sander
- Three speed settings (7,000/9,500/11,000 OPM) engineered for fast material removal
- Up to 40 minutes (low speed) and 20 minutes (high speed) of run time on a single charge
- Large 1/8" random orbit action engineered for fast sanding and swirl-free finish
- One-touch electronic speed control switch provides fast, medium and low settings
- Ergonomically designed body and grip for increased operator comfort
Makita is one of the leaders in power tools. Not to mention, they are best known for their quality and reliability. Their tools can last years, perhaps more. One great thing about this sander is that it has a battery that has a continuous run time that is better than most sanders on the market. At 40 minutes on low power and 20 minutes on high, that’s quite impressive.
Budget Pick: Ginour 6 Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander
- 【POWERFUL FUNCTION & COMPACT BODY】Ginour 2.5A orbital sander with 6 variable speed provides powerful and efficient performance, which can work 13000 times in one minute.Compact body makes you control easily
- 【VARIOUS ACCESSORIES MEET DIFFERENT NEEDS】With 15PCS sandpapers (5*80 grit, 5*120 grit, 5*180 grit sandpapers) and sponge disc and wool disc to meet your different applications of sanding，smoothing out wood, removing paint, varnish, polish, stains, blemishes, polishing, etc.With self-adhesive disc design and it is easier to replace sandpaper
- 【EFFICIENT DUST REMOVAL SYSTEM】The dust box is easy to disassemble and firm at work.Microfilter dust remove system for max absorption of fine dust and particles;Dust-proof switch design not only reduces environmental pollution,but also prevent the dust,ensuring a safer operation and longer service life
- 【HIGH COMFORT & LOW NOISE】Rubberized palm grip design for improved operator comfort and control;Low vibration,low noise,no stress in the indoor work,can help you focus on your work
- 【WHAT YOU GET】1 * Ginour Random Orbital Sander；15 * Sandpapers (5*80grit+5*120grit+5*180grit); 1* Sponge Disc; 1* Wool Disc;1 * Dust Collector; 1 * User Manual;Lifetime Warranty and Best Customer Service
If you are looking for a sander with 6 variable speeds and comes with an affordable price tag, the Ginour random orbit sander is the best option. You can switch speeds at the press of a button. And it comes with plenty of sandpaper that will last you a long time. If sand disks are hard to come by, you at least have a good supply that will last you a while.
Top 10 Random Orbital Sander Reviews
If a random orbital sander is what you’re looking for, we’ve provided ten of the best on the market to give you a variety of options. As you look through each one, it’s important to consider some of the best features and the pros and cons that go along with it. What will fit your personal needs and preferences? How much power do you want? Which one will fit your budget? These questions and more will be answered as you go through the list.
TACKLIFE 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander
Next is the TACKLIFE 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander. What really impressed us with this is the fact that it comes with a kit of extra accessories. Not only do you get sandpaper, but you also get buffer pads as well. So it’s not just a standalone sander of any kind. You can be able to polish with this sander so you can make things look new again. Want to polish your car to make it look like it just rolled out of a showroom? Then take the day to polish that puppy up with this sander and you’ll be in business.
This comes with six variable speeds ranging from 6,000 to 13,000 OPM. You can switch it up to the speed that will best match your project. The faster you go, the quicker you’ll get the project done. Of course, you can be able to leave a much smoother finish on tops and edges. That’s the beauty of these sanders. The only difference is orbit sanders will give you more freedom of movement.
No orbital sander is complete with a dust collection system that will keep messes to a minimum. You can quickly disassemble the dust box and empty it out so you can start the whole process over again. Why worry about orbit sanders that are hard to clean?
This also has a hook and loop system that will make switching out pads a lot easier. Need to switch out sandpaper for a buffer pad? Not a problem. You can do that with the greatest of ease and then switch back to it later on. If speed is what you want when it comes to changing pads, then the TACKLIFE will make it easier done than said. Not bad for one of those days when you want to bang out a quick weekend project.
The TACKLIFE orbit sander comes with a unique design that will keep all the dust and debris out. That way, it’s more reliable and has the ability to last you years or even decades. Best of all, it comes with a carrying case that is slim in design and will make storage fairly easy for the sander and all of your pads. You can keep it at home or take it with you to go somewhere. No matter where you are doing your projects, you’ll have a sander to take with you.
- Powerful operation
- Easy to switch out pads
- Simple storage
- You can changes speeds with ease
- May stop on its own if it’s under too much pressure
- Might have a hard time catching all the materials sometimes
Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 5-inch Random Orbital Sander
Once again, we’ll be taking a look at the Makita brand. This is the 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 5-inch Random Orbital Sander. This comes with three different speed settings: 7000, 9500, and 11500 OPM. At any of these three speeds, it still provides you with a good amount of speed for almost any project that calls for a sander like this.
In one single charge, you can be able to run it constantly on low power for 40 minutes and 20 minutes on high power. Not bad for an orbital sander that is powered by a Lithium-ion battery that can be charged fairly quickly.
The pad is a large ⅛” random orbit that will leave you with a swirl-free finish and consistent smoothness. That’s exactly what every sander strives to achieve. However, some of them do fall short in that regard. You can be able to switch the speeds with one press of a button until you are satisfied with your speed of choice.
It’s got an ergonomically friendly handle that will be great for giving you the best possible grip and control. You’ll be able to maintain control of the sander while you have it running constantly. It’s a great fit for various hand sizes. Whether your hands are small or a bit larger than average, the handling on this is pretty solid.
If you are looking for a long-lasting random orbital sander, you might find this Makita sander to be more to your liking. That’s because it has a switch and bearing that is sealed to keep dust and debris out. The less dust that’s left out, the more likely that this sander will last.
- Excellent reliability
- Solid construction
- Super powerful, even by cordless standards
- Easily portable
- Excellent running times on a single charge
- Grips may be too small for larger hands
Makita BO5041 3-Amp 4000-12000 OPM D-Handle Random Orbital Sander
Next we’ll take a look at the Makita D-Handle Random Orbital Sander. Makita has long been one of the top names in terms of power tools. There is no denying that their sanders are among the best in the business.
This is the kind of random orbital sander that you’ll want in your toolbox if you want plenty of power and a smooth, consistent finish almost every time.
This comes with a 3.0 AMP motor, which provides you a great deal of power for all of your woodworking and carpentry projects. You can also control the speeds ranging from 4000 to 12000 OPM. You can choose which speed will be best for you and the project at hand.
What makes this even better is the ergonomic friendly rubber grip. You won’t have to worry about any kind of discomfort, nor will you need to worry about a loss of control when using this sander. Plus, it will make using this sander a lot more comfortable since it will absorb plenty of shock.
Also included is a pad brake that you can use for the purpose of increasing overall performance while reducing gouging. This will make your wood look smoother than ever and will have fewer notches. When you have to run your fingers through the wood, the last thing you need is splinters and small gaps.
If you are looking for an orbital sander that will be easy to use and convenient for users, the Makita D-Handle Random Orbital Sander will be the go-to option for the hobbyist or the handyman.
- Consistent speed and power
- Very comfortable to use
- Smooths out a lot of wood with consistent results
- Can help you complete projects rather quickly
- Good dust collection
- Spillage of dust may occur at times
- Dust cap may be tough to fasten
Ginour 6 Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander
Now, let’s turn out attention to the Ginour 6 Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander. With six different speeds at your disposal, you’ll be able to adjust it to fit your projects. At it’s best, it can work up to 13,000 rpm. If you are someone who wants a sander that will work hard and help you get the job done much faster than most, this could be the orbit sander for you.
This comes with 15 pieces of sandpaper. You’ll start out with a good amount of sandpaper that will be perfect for all of your projects. One piece will last you a while. Plus, it will depend on how often you use it. This will be perfect for more than just smoothing out the wood. It will be great for removing paint, stains, and blemishes. If you are looking for something that will be useful for the purpose of polishing vehicles or smooth surfaces, then this orbit sander will definitely be of service.
This sander comes with excellent dust removal. The detachable dust box is easy to disassemble and empty out. Plus, it makes environmental pollution due to dust a thing of the past. If you want less mess and a safer environment to work in, you’re going to need a sander that will have great dust management.
Like any good orbit sander out there, there is the inclusion of a rubber handle. It will give you excellent comfort and ergonomics while absorbing a great amount of shock that comes from using this. Never more will you have to deal with hand discomfort after a long day of work. Plus, you get lower amounts of vibration compared to other sanders on the market.
If you are looking for a high-quality sander with excellent features and a price that will be affordable for most budgets, the Ginour 6 Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander might just be right up your alley. If high-end names don’t bother you that much, Ginour could be the brand you can trust.
- Well-made and solid in construction
- Excellent for multiple purposes
- Sandpaper disks are easy to switch
- Very fast operation
- Some of the sand disks may wear out quicker than others
- Dust leakage may occur
PORTER-CABLE Random Orbit Sander
Now, we’ll be taking a look at the PORTER-CABLE Random Orbit Sander. This sander is made from 100% ball bearing construction. It’s one of the better sanders on the market when it comes to solid and sturdy construction.
You’ll get plenty of maximum speed for all of your projects so they leave everything with a smooth, consistent finish. If you love working with wood and need a strong, reliable sander then the PORTER-CABLE Random Orbit Sander might be exactly what you are looking for.
If you are looking for a simple and straightforward random orbit sander, then you might be quite happy with the PORTER-CABLE Random Orbit Sander. It’s rugged, heavy-duty, and can handle plenty of your woodworking projects from the backyard construction projects to even the small things that you can get done all weekend long.
This has excellent dust collection, so you’ll be able to leave little to no messes behind. If you are looking for a sander that will leave you with little to no leakage in the dust collection department, this could be the sander for you.
This sander is the definition of a workhorse. It’s packed with a good amount of power and will definitely come in handy whenever you want to smooth out any edges or surfaces.
- Works perfectly with Shop Vacs to collect more dust
- Solid construction
- Fast, consistent operation
- Affordable for most budgets
- Excellent overall quality
- No speed adjustment
Craftsman Random Orbit Sander 3-Amp
Next on the docket, we have the Craftsman 3-Amp Random Orbit Sander. Like Makita, Craftsman is one of the most recognizable brands in the business. If you were to listen in on a conversation about power tools, Makita and Craftsman will be a couple of brand names that will be dropped over and over again. But let’s talk about the latter a bit further.
This has a 3.0 Amp engine that will run at top speeds of 12,000 OPM. That will be more than enough for you to get your projects done much faster than normal. If you are looking for a sander that will be great for weekend projects or the projects that will tend to go on for a week or longer, you need a heavy-duty sander that never quits and delivers consistently good work.
If you are looking for a random orbit sander that will be perfect for dust collection, the Craftsman does not disappoint. Especially when you want to keep your work environment clean and spotless. Sure, you’ll get some dust here and there, but it won’t be a disaster compared to what some power tools leave.
What you also get is excellent control and handling. This has an ergonomically friendly handle that will make usage a lot more comfortable and handling a lot easier than normal. You’ll have a good amount of grip so you keep it steady while preventing any kind of gouging in the process.
If you are looking for what could be a very highly-rated and high performing random orbital sander, the Craftsman will never do you wrong. It’s got the power, the reliability, and the quality to stick with you for the long term. It’s about what you expect from a brand name that has long been a fixture in the power tools market for years.
- Very powerful operation
- Easy to control
- Comes with a sample piece of sandpaper
- Great for many short-term and long-term projects
- Can collect a great deal of dust
- Grip may be a little too large for some hand sizes
DeWalt 20V MAX Orbital Sander
Up next is another orbital sander from another big name in power tools: DeWalt. To clarify our statement from the previous product, if there are three names that are mentioned in a conversation about power tools, DeWalt might be the name worth mentioning along with Craftsman and Makita. DeWalt has received high marks and praise of the years for their reliability and quality when it comes to their tools.
This has variable speeds that will allow you to change it up from time to time whenever the project calls for it. If you are looking for the kind of sander where you can change up the speed on a dime, the DeWalt could be exactly what you are looking for. It has an ergonomically friendly grip that will be fitting for most hand sizes. Whether you have average-sized hands or hands that are a bit on the large side, you can be sure that you’ll get a good handle on this.
After all, the handle is made from over-molded rubber. Not only will it give you the easiest grip possible, but it’s perfect for shock absorption as well. The less shock you feel on your hands, the more comfortable you’ll be. Plus, you get superior handling without having to worry about losing control.
The brushless motor that is equipped with this sander is perfect for those who want to use this sander for longer periods of time. It will not overheat easily like some sanders. Whether you want to use it for a half-hour or for a couple of hours continuously, this has the motor that can handle the task at hand.
If you have ever had a hard time switching out sanding pads with an old sander, suffer no longer. This orbital sander will allow you easy switching. That’s because it has an 8-hole hook and loop pad that you can use for the purpose of switching out sandpaper pads without the struggle or ripping apart the paper.
It’s light in weight, solid in construction and power-packed for almost every purpose. If you are looking for an orbital sander that is easy to use and might be beginner-friendly, the DeWalt 20V Max Orbital Sander will be very hard to beat versus the competitors.
- Easy to switch out the sanding pads
- Excellent handling and grip
- Very comfortable to use
- Easy to adjust speeds
- Light in weight
- You need to purchase a battery and charger separately
SKIL 5-inch Random Orbital Sander
Next up, we have the SKIL 5-inch Random Orbital Sander. This has a 2.8 amp motor that will deliver a good deal of power to the hobbyist who wants a sander that will get the job done for all kinds of small projects. This runs at a maximum of 13,000 orbits per minute, which is reasonably fast for a sander of this caliber. This delivers consistently smooth operation that will leave you with no gouges. Every edge and surface top will have no rough patches.
It also has various speeds so you can be able to adjust it to the desired speed that will fit your project. You can get the job done quickly or be able to get it done over the course of a weekend. Either way, there’s a level of speed that will work best for you.
This gives you low vibrations, which makes the sander easier to handle. On top of that, it has a soft rubber grip that will make every use comfortable. If you want a good amount of handling while you are moving the sander around in every possible direction, you can do so with ease. Plus, you get plenty of shock absorption making every use comfortable no matter if you are using it continuously or not.
To add, this is a sander that can get the job done in even the hardest to reach places. That’s because it’s compact in size. The smaller the sander, the better it will reach. You can easily turn this on or shut it off without having to deal with any awkward switches. It can’t get any simpler than that.
- Excellent for tight, hard to reach places
- Keeps edges and surface tops consistently smooth
- Solid construction
- Great for hobbyists
- Affordable for most budgets
- Power may diminish over time
Black + Decker Random Orbit Sander
It wouldn’t be a great review list if we didn’t include anything from Black and Decker. Sure enough, they too have produced many reliable power tools over the years. Is their Random Orbit Sander just as good? That might be the case if you want a good amount of power and reliability for almost every small project imaginable.
This is great for removing all kinds of rugged edges and smoothing them out. It will also leave your projects with a high-quality finish like no other. It’s got fast rotation, a rubber grip that will be great for handling the sander while navigating surfaces and edges, and it will give you the best possible grip.
The switch is dust-sealed, making it easy to keep dust out completely. That alone will make reliability more of a reality. Better reliability means more longevity.
If you are looking for an easy way to switch out sandpaper, the hook and loop feature included in this sander will make it easier. Just switch the old with the new and there you have it. Lastly, this includes a dustbag, which is perfect for collecting all kinds of dust and leaving less of a mess behind.
- Quiet operation. Much quieter than most sanders
- Very efficient dust collection
- Comfortable operation
- Excellent for hobbyists
- Super durable. Can last you years
- Might not be suitable for heavy-duty projects
Metabo HPT Random Orbit Sander
Lastly, we’ll be taking a look at the Metabo HPT Random Orbit Sander. This is made from complete ball-bearing construction, which is great for the user who is looking for consistency and smooth operation. This also has a dust-sealed switch, which is great for extending the life of the sander itself. Reliability will always matter most when it comes to sanders. If you want one that will last you years and many projects, this is one of those choices.
This has a motor that runs at 2.8 AMP, which is reasonably powerful for most. It will get the work done fast and will keep things smooth. With the elastomer grip, you’ll have comfortable handling with fewer vibrations. You will be able to work in comfort and be able to easily navigate the surfaces, corners, and edges with ease. Since it’s a compact size sander, it will be easier to move.
Let’s not forget, you can make less of a mess with the help of the dust collection system. No dust, no problem. It will make cleaning up fairly easy. So if you hate making a mess but really enjoy woodworking, this could be the sander that you can invest in.
- Affordable for most budgets
- Solid construction
- Sealed power switch for excellent reliability and longevity
- Comes with a vacuum attachment that fits well
- May be noisier than expected
Other Best Selling Options
- Random orbital action for high removal rate and a high quality finish
- Hook and loop system for fast and easy paper changes
- Dust sealed switch to keep all dust and debris out
- Included Components: (1) BDERO100 Sander, (1) Sanding Sheet, (1) Dust Bag
- Smooth Finish: Pad dampening system designed to eliminate swirl marks on both flat and contoured surfaces
- Easy Disc attachment: Through Bosch's signature Hook and Loop disc attachment system, sanding pads stick to the hand sander, acting like a Velcro adhesion material
- Variable speed Control: Powerful 2.5 AMP motor allows speed to work piece and task matching with ease
- Dust collection: Features a micro filter system for fine dust and trapping particles as small as a 1/2 micron in diameter. Durable and compact, the dust canister shows dust level and easily detaches for mess free tasks
- Kit contents: Includes sanding pad, sanding disc, dampening ring, dust canister, vacuum adapter and carrying case
- Smooth and fast sanding with 3.0 AMP motor
- Variable speed control dial (4,000 to 12,000 OPM) enables user to match the sanding speed to the application
- Ergonomic rubberized palm grip and handle for improved operator comfort and control
- Adjustable front handle allows for sanding in corners and confined areas
- Large two finger trigger switch with conveniently located lock on button for continuous use and increased operator comfort
Random Orbital Sander Buyer’s Guide
Trying to figure out which random orbital sander is best for you can be tricky. That’s why we have put together this buyer’s guide. Use this as a resource so you’ll know what to consider before buying, what the common pros and cons are, and some frequently asked questions from potential buyers.
Things To Consider Before Buying
It’s always a good idea to make a decision based on a few factors. It’s much better than choosing just any random sander only to find out that you spent money on the wrong model. Here are a few things that you’ll need to take into consideration prior to purchasing your next random orbital sander:
Random orbital sanders come in various levels of power or amperage. It’s important to find the right power output for the sander that you’ll need. If you are looking for something that is heavy-duty, chances are you won’t find anything south of 300 Amps. If you are just looking for something that will be perfect for small-scale projects, you can get away with something with less power. Most of the time, users will opt for 280 amps of power. If you have used a random orbit sander before, 280 amps may feel like you are working with less than normal.
If there is one thing that you really need to take into consideration, it’s reliability. That’s because you want a random orbital sander to last you a long time. You don’t want it to quit on you after less than a year. Believe us when we say that orbital sanders don’t come cheap. Some are high in price but others are reasonable for most budgets. But still, you don’t want to be throwing money out the window. Most of these random orbital sanders will have a dust seal that prevents dust and debris from hurting the power source. The more dust and debris that gains access, the likelihood that the sander won’t work when you want it to.
Sanding Only Or Polishing/Removing
What you might have noticed is some of these random orbital sanders are not just standalone models. Some of them will have the ability to buffer, polish, and even remove such things like rust, blemishes, and more. It’s up to you as to whether or not you want something with more than one purpose.
Of course, there’s always the financial implications regarding the purchase. If you are looking for an excellent quality sander, there’s a good chance that you will find one at your desired budget. What you need to understand is that quality should always matter most. Find a random orbital sander that is the most reliable and best performing within your budget range. Whatever you do, don’t sacrifice quality and performance just for the sake of saving a few dollars. A cheap sander may not be as reliable after six months to a year of total use. Think about the long-term value and return on investment if you are looking for a random orbital sander with a specific budget in mind.
There are sanders that will give you different speed settings. Others will give you a fixed speed and only that. If you are new to woodworking or using sanders, you’d be wise to use a random orbital sander that will have adjustable speeds. You can start out slow and upgrade it to a much faster speed with one touch of a button. A fixed speed sander will be best suited for those with woodworking and carpentry experience.
Pros & Cons of Random Orbital Sanders
Random orbital sanders have some excellent advantages. However, they do have some downsides of their own. Let’s take a quick look at the pros and cons:
- Excellent dust collection: If you are no fan of making messes when doing woodworking projects, the random orbital sander will definitely be a go-to tool for you. Most of them will have a reliable dust collection system that will leave little to no messes and will make cleaning up a breeze.
- Easy To Handle: These days, most random orbital sanders will be easy to navigate. On top of that, they’ll have handles that will be rubberized for easy gripping ability. The better grip you have on your sander, the better chance you can keep it steady as you navigate it through edges and surfaces.
- Variable Speeds: As mentioned before, there are plenty of random orbital speeds that will have various speeds that you can choose from. At its lowest, you can work with a speed of 6,500 OPM. Most sanders will have a maximum speed of 13,000 OPM. You can be able to switch between speeds at the touch of a button. The faster the speed, the quicker you’ll get the job done.
- Easy hook and loop changes: One of the most frustrating tasks for sanders is switching out an old sandpaper pad for a new one. With random orbital sanders, the hook and loop systems that are included will make the change a lot less of a headache. Plus, you’ll be able to make a switch much quicker before going back to work.
- Sanding discs may be hard to find: Considering that most sanders will include sanding discs, there’s a reason why that is. Replacement sanding discs are hard to come by. The only place where you’d be able to find them will be online. Your local hardware stores may carry them, but the chances of that might be 50/50. If anything, they may order them for you at a price.
- Some may be too powerful: Sometimes, there could be a sander that will be too much for some projects in terms of power. It can get to the point where it can cause significant damage to the work you are trying to do.
- Dull pads can hurt quality: It’s always a good idea to switch sanding pads often. That’s because some will wear down fairly quickly. Failure to change them may also affect the overall quality of your projects and the way they are being sanded down.
Random Orbital Sanders FAQ
The following are a few questions that are frequently asked by potential buyers. This will give you a better understanding of how random orbital sanders work and what most buyers typically are looking for. Here are the following questions:
What is a random orbital sander used for?
Most random orbital sanders can be used for woodworking purposes. However, some can be used for the purpose of preparing for a painting project. It can also be used for various restoration projects as well such as headlights, vehicle restoration, and more.
What makes a random orbital sander better than a palm sander?
A random orbital sander will have more power and less grit compared to a palm sander.
Can you use an orbital sander on drywall?
Yes. In fact, you can also use it for various home improvement projects as well. It can be used for removing rust on pipes and even removing paint or compound.
Is sanding with drywall dangerous?
As a safety precaution, it is important to wear an N95 mask when using a random orbital sander on drywall. Breathing in the dust may cause respiratory issues and may damage the lungs if long-term exposure occurs.
Why does my orbital sander leave swirl marks?
This is actually a normal occurrence. However, if the swirl marks are very noticeable it may be due to the fact that there may have been something that had been lodged between the sandpaper and the wood.
A random orbital sander is one of the best tools for woodworking, home improvement, and restoration projects alike. You want something with enough power to get the job done. At the same time, you want something that is reliable, easy to adjust speeds, and excellent handling. One of the ten random orbital sanders listed above might be exactly what you are looking for whenever your projects call for one.