One of the things you may not realize about your home is that you have the power to control its environment.
One such example is the air being too dry. Your home may have little humidity inside your home. Too much dryness can also cause irritation, illnesses, and may cause some kind of damage to your home. But it will take a good quality humidifier to provide some kind of moisture to your home so you have it set to a certain level.
If you live in a dry environment, you may need to consider purchasing a humidifier for your whole house. Especially if you or members of your family tend to deal with issues due to dry air.
To give you some options, we’ll be taking a look at ten of the best whole house humidifiers that are currently on the market.
If you are pressed for time, you can check out our top three list based on various categories (i.e.–Best overall, best for the money, or best premium pick). If you do have time, you can read about your options that will feature detailed reviews and a list of pros and cons.
Top 3 Picks
- 1 Top 3 Picks
- 2 Whole House Humidifier Reviews
- 2.1 Best Pick: LEVIOT Humidifier
- 2.2 Honeywell Whole House Humidifier
- 2.3 Budget Pick: Pure Guardian Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier
- 2.4 Aprilaire 500M Whole Home Humidifier
- 2.5 Elechomes Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier
- 2.6 Aprilaire 800 Whole Home Steam Humidifier
- 2.7 Premium Ultrasonic Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier
- 2.8 Venta LW45 Airways 2-in-1 Humidifier and Air Purifier
- 2.9 Keecoon Ultrasonic Humidifier
- 2.10 Homech Cool Mist Humidifier
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Whole House Humidifier Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Whole House Humidifier FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Best Pick: LEVIOT Humidifier
- Warm & Cool Mist: The humidifier provides both cool mist and warm mist to relieve you from congestion,sinus,dry skin, allergies,bloody noses,cold, flu.It is perfect for all year around using.
- Auto Mode: The humidifier’s built-in humidity sensor automatically adjusts the mist level to maintain a comfortable level of humidity, so you can set it and forget it. If the tank runs out of water, the humidifier will automatically turn off
- Aromatherapy: Add your favorite essential oils to the aroma box to give your room a clean, fresh aroma.
- Perfect for Large Room: With a mist output of up to 500 mL/hr, the LV600HH can easily handle spaces as large as 753 ft2 / 70 m2. The large 1. 5 gal / 6 L capacity allows for 60 hours of continuous use with the low mist level.
- Convenient Remote Control: Adjust settings in the middle of the night without leaving the comfort of your bed. On a schedule? Set a 1–12 hour timer so you won’t have to worry about accidentally leaving the humidifier on.
360 degrees of humidifying mist? Warm or cool? Easy controls? If you said yes to all of this, then you might want to give this humidifier a shot. You can make easy adjustments with just a few presses of a button. You can keep the room (and the whole house) comfortable all from your bed.
Best Premium Pick: Honeywell Whole House Humidifier
- For homes up to 3, 000 square feet
- Easy mounting on either warm air supply or return air duct of any forced-air furnace
- Flow through design helps keep unit clean of microorganisms and decreases the frequency of maintenance
- PerfectFLO water distribution optimizes efficiency and water usage
- Protects wood floors and furnishings from drying and cracking
Made from one of the most recognized names in HVAC, Honeywell delivers on a full-fledged humidifying system that will be perfect for any family home. It’s low maintenance, has excellent water management, and will work together with your home heating and cooling systems. That’s never a bad thing to have when you want to keep the humidity levels in your home the way you want it.
Best Budget Pick: Pure Guardian Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier
- Warm and cool mist humidifier: The Pure guardian H4810AR ultrasonic cool mist humidifier guards against dry air in the home, perfect for those with colds, allergies and dry skin; The easy fill 2 gallon tank is ideal 600 square feet rooms and runs up to 120 hours
- Silver clean protected tank: Silver clean protection fights the growth of slimy mold and mildew on the surface of the water tank a common problem with traditional humidifiers; Ultrasonic technology is ultra-quiet making it ideal to have on while you sleep
- Aromatherapy tray: The aromatherapy tray option helps create a relaxing environment with your favorite essential oil; Oils are not included; Create a better home environment and optimize your comfort with an ultra-quiet, soothing cool mist
- Additional features: The humidifier is equipped with the option for warm or cool mist and 3 speed settings; a low water indicator light lets you know when it's time to refill the water tank; it also features a soft glow night light and a timer
- Pure guardian: By guardian technologies offers a full range of small appliance based solutions for happier and healthier lives at home, focused on creating powerful, safe and innovative technologies to help facilitate healthier, happier home environments; Input voltage: 120v 60hz
If you are looking for a whole home humidifier for a small space like an apartment or a condo, this might be exactly what you are looking for. Plus, it’s at a price that is just south of $100. It does a good job keeping your home at an ideal level of humidity and it will also be great for using essential oils that will make your house smell more pleasing (and reduce stress levels).
Whole House Humidifier Reviews
Best Pick: LEVIOT HumidifierThe LEVIOT Humidifier is a warm and cool mist humidifier that could be perfect for your home if you want something that can be useful year-round. Whether it’s for the entire home or a large room, this has the ability to prove itself as a reliable humidifier for you and your family. This has the ability to keep your air nice and moist so it will be enough to kill off any airborne germs, allergens, and everything in between. If you or members of your family are struggling with allergies or other issues due to dry air, you could consider this humidifier to be a blessing.
Like all the other whole house humidifiers we’ve listed up to this point, it has the ability to operate quietly. So it won’t disturb you or your family while you sleep (assuming you plan on running it all night). This has built-in sensor gauges that will let you know of when the water will need to be filled. At the same time, you will also know how much humidity is in your home. If you have consistent humidity levels of 30 to 50 percent then you should be in business. And that’s exactly what you’ll get out of the LEVIOT Humidifier.
You can operate this using a remote control, so you won’t have to get up out of bed. You can make the necessary adjustments whenever you want. Why bother getting out of bed when you are already comfortable? You can even set the timers so it can shut off automatically even when you are asleep. Plus, it will be perfect if you are planning on saving a good amount of energy.
Got some essential oils that you can use? Good. You can actually put them to good use since it will have the ability to diffuse them. You can choose the oils you want as a way to get the best benefits out of them. You want to reduce stress and anxiety levels? You can do that with the right kind of scents. Your house will smell great and not to mention, feel very relaxing. Who says a humidifier is more than just keeping your humidity levels at an optimal amount.
- Simple to clean
- Easy to fill
- Can be controlled via a remote control
- Affordable for most budgets
- Perfect for homes with pets
- Remote range could be longer
Honeywell Whole House Humidifier
Next, we’ll be taking a look at the Honeywell Whole House Humidifier. Honeywell is one of the most recognized names in home heating and central air systems. So it’s no secret that they too have the ability to crank out a high-quality whole house humidifier. If your house is measured up to 3,000 square feet, this will give you humidity levels that will be appropriate for you and your family. You can easily install this along with any warm air supply or forced air furnace.
It’s got a cutting edge design that does an excellent job keeping the air ventilation systems free from any microorganisms that can be hazardous to your health. It’s energy-efficient and will do a good job of conserving water so it can run properly without having to suck too much of it up. If efficiency is your cup of tea, then you might want to consider installing the Honeywell Whole House Humidifier into your home.
If you are worried about your hardwood floors getting damaged due to humidity, you have nothing to worry about. Because this unit will protect your floors and furnishings so they won’t dry or crack. Besides, you want your home to look its best while being able to provide a healthy environment that is free from allergens and toxins.
- Easy to install
- Water usage is minimal
- Energy efficient
- Quality components
- Helps you easily control your humidity levels
- May be a bit small for larger homes
- Not as effective in the winter months
Budget Pick: Pure Guardian Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist HumidifierThe Pure Guardian Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier is perfect for small homes that are measured out to around 600 square feet. So it will be ideal for not just a small one-bedroom house, but it will be great for an entire apartment or condo. This has the ability to run for 120 hours total even on a full tank of water. It is also compact in size, which might be a space saver’s dream. After all, if you do live in an apartment or condo that could be an added bonus since your space will probably be around 600 square feet or thereabouts.
Even with a limited amount of space, you too can be able to free yourself of any issues that you face thanks to dry air. Are you dealing with nosebleeds? Allergies? Dry, itchy skin? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you’ll need a humidifier that will fit perfectly.
This also includes an aromatherapy tray, which is great for placing essential oils. If you are looking for a way to de-stress and reduce anxiety levels nothing does it better than releasing your favorite essential oils in the air. If you are looking for a humidifier that is easy to clean, then you’re going to love this one. It’s a silver-lined humidifier that will be easy to clean and will also prevent any mold or mildew from building up. The last thing you want is any of those bad guys growing in your humidifier and completely defeating the purpose of what it is used for.
This has the ability to spray cool or warm mist in the air using three different settings: low, medium, or high. You can choose your desired setting based on your personal needs and preferences. You also have the ability to program it to go off at a certain time so you can save energy. It also has an indicator that will alert you when to refill it. If you are looking for the best humidifier for a small house, a two-bedroom apartment, or your mid-sized condo then the Pure Guardian Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier will be the perfect addition to your home.
- Affordable for most budgets
- Easy to fill up
- Easy to see in the dark thanks to the backlight
- Perfect for small homes, apartments, and condos
- A full tank will last you nearly three days
- Hard to carry when filled
Aprilaire 500M Whole Home Humidifier
The first whole house humidifier will be taking a look at is the Aprilaire 500M Whole Home Humidifier. This will cover homes up to 3,000 square feet. It’s made in the USA and will provide you with the best reliability and quality. Plus, it’s made by a brand that is considered to be one of the top names in indoor air appliances.
This comes in either an automatic or manual version. So what’s the difference between the two?
Let’s take a look at the automatic version first. The automatic humidifier has dual sensors that keep track of both indoor and outdoor air temperatures. It’s perfect when you want to keep the humidifier running all day and all night. It will adjust the humidity levels automatically so you have a good amount of moisture in your home while maintaining perfect balance. Not too dry and not too moist, just the way you like it.
The manual version will include a single sensor that will be enough for setting the humidity levels to your own house. If you want more control over the air quality inside, then you’ll probably want to opt for the manual version since you’ll have the ability to set the humidifier level to what you want. Either way, you get a very reliable humidifier for a pretty good price.
You’ll be able to set the humidity levels anywhere between 35 to 45 percent, which is ideal for every home. It will also do an excellent job of eliminating any mold, viruses, fungi, and so many other bad guys that might pose a threat to your health and the health of your family. If you are looking for a great whole home humidifier that will be perfect for an average-sized house, then the Aprilaire 50mm Whole Home Humidifier could be exactly what you’re looking for.
- Eliminates plenty of air quality issues
- Can be used year-round
- Will be able to integrate with Nest
- Easy to adjust the humidity levels
- Affordable for most budgets
- Install diagram might be difficult to understand for beginners
- May use a bit more water than expected
Elechomes Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier
Next, we’ll be taking a look at the Elechomes Warm and Cool Humidifier. One of the best features of this humidifier is its quiet operation.
How quiet are we talking here? Are 20 decibels enough? Hopefully it is. You get excellent humidity control without making a single noise. So you get the best quality for your entire home no matter what time of day or year it is. Plus, it’s fairly easy to fill it up with water. It requires no disassembly as well. All you need to do is just remove the enclosure cap, fill the water, and you’re done. That’s pretty much it. No leakage will ever occur.
This comes with a sleep mode that will allow you to control the noise levels when it operates. It can go anywhere between 20 to 32 decibels. Either way, it’s super quiet and you will get a good night’s rest without having it disturb you. This humidifier is perfect for the entire house, but it can also be used for larger rooms as well. It will also keep humidity levels between 40 to 60 percent, which is perfect for almost any indoor environment. If you are someone who might be battling the flu, that should be the humidity level to aim for if you want to recover much faster.
You can use this year-round and be able to stay comfortable no matter the season. Just make the necessary adjustments and your family will stay cool or warm. But nonetheless, they will be comfortable every time. This will keep skin moist, reduce throat dryness and irritation, and so much more. If you are looking for the perfect year-round humidifier, the Elechomes Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier may be a good choice.
- Easy to fill
- No disassembly required for adding water
- Great for the whole house or a large room
- Gets rid of common allergens, reduces dry throat, and other health issues
- Very quiet operation
- May be difficult to clean at times
- Warm air may not be as warm as some expect
Aprilaire 800 Whole Home Steam Humidifier
Next on the list, we’ll be taking a look at another Aprilaire humidifier. This time, it’s the 800 Whole Home Steam Humidifier. This has the ability to cover up to 6,200 square feet. It will be ideal for homes that are slightly larger than average. All Aprilaire humidifiers are made in the United States, thus providing you with excellent quality and performance.
You’ll have six levels of output, each will be ideal depending on the voltage and installation. Keep in mind that one level of output will be more appropriate than others. If you’re worried about whether or not the water needs to be purified when adding it to this humidifier, don’t worry at all. You can just add water and it won’t cause any harm. You can go with distilled water and it will still work the same.
This is an automatic humidifier, which means it will be able to respond to both indoor and outdoor temperatures along with the relative humidity levels. It will automatically adjust the humidity in your home, but it will remain an ideal amount so it will prevent any health issues. The humidity levels in your home should range between 35 to 45 percent with the use of this humidifier. If you have a slightly bigger home or something that is tightly built and comes out to around 6,200 square feet then this humidifier will be a good fit.
- Great for year-round use
- Can work well in tightly built homes
- Reduces allergies, dry throat, and other health issues
- Automatically reduces humidity to optimal levels
- Easy to operate
- May not be energy efficient enough for some users
Install can be a challenge
Premium Ultrasonic Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier
Up next, we have the Premium Ultrasonic Cool & Warm Mist Humidifier. If you are looking for a humidifier for the entire house that runs on smart technology, look no further. This will automatically operate with the purpose of keeping humidity levels at an appropriate level (35 to 45 percent or thereabouts). It will also work well as an essential oil diffuser if you happen to rely on those more than others.
This contains a 4-liter water tank that can be easily filled from the top. So there is no disassembly required and it’s one of the most ergonomically friendly ways to fill up the humidifier itself. When it comes time to clean it up, it won’t be a difficult task. If you are looking for something that will be easy to clean on a regular basis so you have clean indoor air, this is the humidifier for you.
It’s a low-maintenance humidifier that will run for a long-time and will last you years. If reliability is what you look for, you got it with this humidifier. It might be one of a few that will be highly rated for reliability compared to its competitors. This will do a good job cleaning the air and will also spread out the scent based on the essential oils you choose. You can not only reduce the effects that come with dry air, but you’ll also reduce stress and anxiety levels.
If you want an ultra-quiet operation, you’ll get exactly that. With 20 decibels of noise, it will run in the background while making your home more comfortable. It will be as quiet as a mouse. Nothing more or less. Plus, you’ll be able to get a good night’s sleep while running this all night long. Imagine waking up feeling better than ever rather than waking up with a dry, sore throat due to the lack of moisture in the air.
If you are serious about saving energy, this humidifier comes with a 12-hour timer. You can start a timer so you can run it all day or all night (whichever is best for you). Then it can turn off by itself to ensure that you aren’t sucking the life out of your electricity and get a high bill in the process. This is a humidifier that will keep you and your family healthy and can be energy efficient whenever you need it most.
- Helps prevent colds, sore throats, dry skin, etc.
- Easy to use year-round
- Simple to fill up
- Energy-efficient settings available
- Perfect for the entire house or a large room
- Remote is small it’s easy to lose
Venta LW45 Airways 2-in-1 Humidifier and Air PurifierThe Venta LW45 is a hybrid humidifier and air purifier. This is an excellent unit if you are someone who is dealing with allergies that can and will get severe at times. Pollen, dust, dander, and so much more won’t stand a chance. Let’s not forget, any sore or dry throat will be non-existent if the air quality is well-balanced.
This is perfect for the whole house and even rooms that are measured as large as 800 square feet. You can also run this without relying on filters. So it’s a low maintenance purifier that will last you a long time (not to mention very reliable). You can fill it up with about 3 gallons of water. It will last you quite a while in between fills. If you are looking for a humidifier that will get the job done for quite some time, then you might want to consider the Venta LW45 Airways 2-in-1. This is also an excellent choice if you are looking for something that is the closest to energy efficiency. What’s the point in jacking up your energy bill anyway?
- Reduces allergies considerably
- Works as both a humidifier and air purifier
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Energy efficient
- Perfect for nice sized townhomes
- Size may be too small for some users
Keecoon Ultrasonic Humidifier
Now, we’ll have a look at the Keecoon Ultrasonic Humidifier. Given the fact that it is for the whole house or a large room, the compact size is quite impressive. This has a large capacity water tank that you can easily fill. Not to mention, it’s leak-proof as well. If you are looking for a humidifier that will be perfect for the space saver while being able to keep the humidity levels under control, it would be hard to say no to this one.
This comes with 3 preset mist speeds. You can choose between a low, medium, or high-speed output. It also comes with a sensor and real-time monitoring that will be great for those who want to make as little adjustments as possible. In other words, this humidifier will get the work done.
This also comes with a 12-hour timer which will automatically shut the humidifier off once the timer has expired. It’s the perfect feature for anyone looking to save on energy (and the bill). Even better — it has quiet operation as well. So you’ll be able to operate it without any kind of noise being made. You can run it all day, all night, or whenever possible.
If you are looking for a humidifier that will run smoothly and won’t take up too much room in your house, the Keecoon Ultrasonic Humidifier might be right up your alley.
- Very sleek design
- Quiet operation
- Good enough for a whole house or a large room
- Can be easily controlled by a remote
- You can easily set it to your desired humidity levels
- Can only be read in Celsius
Homech Cool Mist Humidifier
Next we have the Homech Cool Mist Humidifier. If you are looking for a smaller and budget-friendly humidifier that is quiet and can operate effectively, you might consider this one of your best choices. Plus, it has a tank that can run at a maximum of 12 to 50 hours when completely full. If that isn’t an impressive feature, we don’t know what is.
You can be able to clean the machine with little to no issue at all. Plus, maintenance will always be low. If you are looking for a more reliable humidifier that will likely last you years, this could be a good choice for you. Especially when there is no disassembly required when it comes to filling up the tank.
This has a rotating nozzle that will give you 360 degrees of mist, which is great when you want to humidify the entire house or even a large enough room. You get an even amount of mist distributed throughout the home. And it won’t damage any wood or hard surfaces. Did we mention that it gives you quiet operation? Simply put, it’s a pretty good humidifier that you can put to good use so your home’s humidity levels are better than ever.
- Easy to clean
- Very efficient
- 360 degrees of mist provides excellent coverage
- Easy to set up
- Stylish design
- Power cord could be a little longer
- Buttons may be loud when pressed
Other Best Selling Options
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE This humidifier was designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Aprilaire – the inventor of the whole home evaporative humidifier, and the leader in indoor air quality solutions
- FULL COVERAGE up to 3,000 square feet in tightly built homes with a capacity of 12 gallons per day
- AUTOMATIC HUMIDIFIER with dual sensors to monitor and respond to both outdoor temperature and indoor relative humidity to deliver optimum humidity 24/7 throughout the home – simply set it and forget it
- CONVENIENT DIGITAL CONTROL shows percent humidity, lights indicate humidifier is running, when to change the Water Panel, when service is needed, and Blower Activation switch sets humidifier to run continually, or only when the furnace runs
- HUMIDITY FOR HEALTH Aprilaire Humidifiers can help you maintain optimal humidity in your home of 35% – 45% which has been shown to reduce the incidence of respiratory infections and symptoms related to allergies and asthma by minimizing the formation of bacteria and viruses, fungi, and dust mites. In addition, you’ll feel more comfortable while also preserving items in your home susceptible to damage from changing humidity or dry conditions
- Console-style humidifier for a whole house up to 3600 square feet
- Digital humidistat automatically maintains your desired humidity level with digital accuracy
- Automatically shuts off when desired humidity level is reached or when unit is empty
- Easy to clean - evaporative wick traps mineral deposits, smooth operation - no belts, pulleys or wheels.Voltage:120 V
- Assembled dimension: 20.5(H) x 21.5(W) x 14.5 (l) in
- Adjustable humidistat, Auto shutoff Refill Indicator
- Check filter indicator, Control lock Casters with Pour in reservoir
Whole House Humidifier Buyer’s Guide
If you are having trouble deciding on a whole house humidifier, don’t worry. That’s where this handy buyer’s guide comes into play. It’s important to give this a good look before you decide. You’ll need to know what to consider when purchasing a whole house humidifier, plus a few pros and cons about them. Let’s first dive in on the things to consider:
If you are looking for a humidifier and tight on money, it’s important to find one that is in good quality. While the price may be important, the quality always trumps all. Find the best performance and quality that will fit your budget rather than go for cheap. A cheap humidifier may last you a short time until someone goes wrong with it.
Size Of Your Home
Of course, it’s good to know the size of your home prior to purchasing a whole house humidifier. They will come in different coverage areas. For example, a regular-sized home that has two bedrooms and two bathrooms might be large enough to handle a 3,000 square foot whole house humidifier. If you live in a two-bedroom, one-bedroom apartment you can get a humidifier that can be enough to cover the entire space.
Essential Oils Or Not?
As mentioned on our list, some of the humidifiers have the ability to include a space for essential oils. You can choose one that will be perfect for the entire home. There are plenty of essentials that come in different scents that will reduce stress and anxiety levels throughout the home.
How Much Humidity Is Enough?
Some humidifiers will output a specific amount of humidity that will raise the levels throughout your home. At what percentage is good enough for you? 35 percent? 40 percent? Or what about 50 percent? Depending on your personal needs and preferences, it will come down to which humidifier will be able to deliver the desired results.
Automatic Or Manual?
Some humidifiers will be automatic and will adjust output levels accordingly based on the indoor and outdoor humidity levels. Manual levels will allow you to adjust by yourself. If you are looking for something that will give you more control, manual humidifiers will be the better option. They even come with a remote control so you can make the adjustments so long as you are within range.
Ease of installation will be important. These whole house humidifiers can be easy to install if you have some know-how. But if you are a complete newbie, you might find it to be quite a challenge. Find a humidifier that is easy to install in your home with little mechanical experience needed. Alternatively, a professional installation can and will cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
Pros and Cons of Whole House Humidifiers
It’s important to know what the pros and cons are of whole house humidifiers. That way, you’ll know what to expect and what common shortcomings can be found. Let’s begin with the pros:
- Can be automatic or manual: As mentioned before, these humidifiers can be controlled either by automation or manually. It will all depend on your personal needs or preferences. Automatic humidifiers will adjust the settings based on the current humidity levels. If the air is slightly dry, the automatic humidifier will be able to make adjustments accordingly so it will reach your desired level of humidity.
- Little Maintenance Needed: The beauty of these humidifiers is that it requires little maintenance. It will usually consist of switching out filters (when needed), filling up water, and cleaning the inside to prevent any kind of build-up.
- Easy To Install: Most of these humidifiers are easy to install. Yet, they can depend on the model as well. Those can require a few handy skills. But it’s a lot better than having to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on professional installation.
- Keeps The Air Comfortable: If you are dealing with health issues due to the dry air, then a humidifier will be what you need to keep them at bay. It will make the air more moist and even more comfortable. Plus, the humidity will be at safe levels so it won’t cause any damage to the home.
- Can be expensive: Yes, whole house humidifiers don’t come cheap. But you can find one that will be fitting for your budget. Some humidifiers will run anywhere between $100 to nearly $1,000. This will depend on the coverage area of the humidifier. One that will cover 3,000 square feet will obviously be more expensive compared to one that will have the ability to cover 800 square feet.
- May be susceptible to mold and mildew: If you do not change the filters or clean these humidifiers regularly, you’ll be setting it up for mold and mildew growth. That can spell trouble for you and your family since you are trying to get rid of something that can cause illnesses. Exposure to mold or mildew can create some kind of health problems. Change your filters once every month and if possible, do a weekly cleaning of your humidifier. You can simply wipe it down or use a small brush to thoroughly clean it.
Whole House Humidifier FAQs
The following are a few frequently asked questions that will be a useful guide in helping you better understand how whole house humidifiers work. Here’s what some potential customer’s asked:
How much does a professional installation of a humidifier cost?
If you opt to go the professional install route, you may be looking at a bill between $300 to $1000.
How long do whole house humidifiers last?
Typically, a whole house humidifier will last ten years on average.
Can you run a humidifier at night?
The short answer: yes. In fact, you can be able to set a time that will allow you to run a humidifier in a certain time period. Most of them will come with a programmable timer that will run for 12 hours for the purpose of energy consumption.
Where should a whole house humidifier be placed?
It should be installed in a central area of your home regardless of the square footage. You can place it in a room where it will most benefit. Alternatively, you can install it within your HVAC system in your basement.
What is the ideal indoor humidity in the winter?
The indoor humidity during the winter months should be anywhere between 30 to 40 percent.
If you are looking to keep your home’s humidity at a reasonable level, a whole house humidifier might be exactly what you are looking for. Be sure to find one that will be easy to install, easy to use, and easy to maintain. It will make life a whole lot better for you and your family, especially when it comes to our health.