Every garage or workshop needs a good-quality workbench. It serves as the foundation of your workspace. It provides a space to get your projects done and can hold your tools, supplies, gadgets, and gizmos so that they’re within easy reach. It keeps things neat and tidy and helps to improve your safety while you’re working.
Below, you’ll find a detailed overview of our picks for all three categories, as well as a handy buyer’s guide that highlights some of the important factors that you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for a workbench, and answers to some of the most frequently asked questions related to workbenches.
Top 3 Picks
- 1 Top 3 Picks
- 2 Top Work Bench Reviews
- 2.1 Seville Classics UltraHD Lighted Workbench
- 2.2 Keter Jobmade Portable Workbench and Miter Saw Table
- 2.3 WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Work Table and Sawhorse
- 2.4 Black and Decker Workmate Portable Work Bench- 350 Pound
- 2.5 Black and Decker Workmate Portable Work Bench – 550 Pound
- 2.6 Keter Folding Table Work Bench for Miter Saw Stand
- 2.7 The Quick Bench Stainless Steel Folding Wall Mounted Workbench
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Work Bench Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Work Bench FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Here, you’ll find overviews of our top picks for the best, premium, and budget workbench.
Best Pick: Seville Classics UltraHD Lighted Workbench
- Overall workbench dimensions: 48"L x 24"W x 65.5"H
- Workbench dimensions: 48"L x 24"W x 37.5"H
- 23-count pegboard hooks
- Pegboard dimensions: 48"L x 24"W
- LED light fixture and power strip with 2-USB ports
Runner Up Pick: WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Work Table and Sawhorse
- [WORKTABLE & SAWHORSE] Holds up to 300 lbs. as a work table, supports 1,000 lbs. as a sawhorse. And it’s easy to transition between the two
- [CUSTOM CLAMPS] Two quick clamps are integrated and stay attached even when you fold the table into a sawhorse. Because they’re designed specifically for the Pegasus, they’ll be stronger and last longer
- [LIGHT AND STURDY] It’s only 25 lbs., and its foldable design makes it easy to move and store
- [CONNECT MULTIPLE TABLES] Create a whole work counter when you link 3 or more Pegasus’ together. Whether your worksite or workshop is spacious or tight, this building solution expands or contracts to fit your needs
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
Budget Pick: Keter Jobmade Portable Workbench and Miter Saw Table
- DIMENSIONS: Folded: 34. 65 in L x 21. 81 in. W x 4. 41 in. H / Standing: 38. 19 in. L x 25. 39 in. W x 31. 89 in. H
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: Made of heavy-duty resin with aluminum legs and a work space capacity of 1000 lbs.
- DURABLE AND STRONG: Weather-resistant polypropylene construction prevents rusting, peeling, and denting
- LESS THAN 30 SECOND SETUP: Simply remove the legs from their designated storage space and pop them into the tabletop
- LESS THAN 30 LBS: With its lightweight design and sturdy carrying handle, take your workbench just about anywhere
Top Work Bench Reviews
Here are our detailed reviews of our top 7 choices.
Seville Classics UltraHD Lighted WorkbenchThe Seville Classics UtraHD Lighted Workbench will turn any garage or workshop into a neat, tidy, and organized space where you can get all of your projects done with ease. This workbench is outfitted with numerous features, is constructed of durable materials, is thoughtfully designed, and aesthetically pleasing. It offers plenty of space to spread out, yet it’s compact enough to fit in virtually any location.
The Seville Classics UltraHD Lighted Workbench is packed with handy features and is elegantly designed, so it will add instant visual appeal to your workspace.
A solid beech wood surface that measures 48 inches by 24 inches by 1.5 inches offers plenty of space to get your projects done and is extremely durable, so it will withstand wear and tear with ease.
The wood work surface sits on a powdered coated, corrosion resistant frame that measures 48 inches by 24 inches by 37.5 inches. The frame is lightweight, yet sturdy, and features a bright red color, which gives the workbench a striking look.
A large stainless steel storage drawer with two handles sits beneath the surface of the work area. The front of the drawer features a beveled design, which creates a bold look against the bright red color and further lends to the visual appeal of the workbench.
There are two front liners in the drawer, which provides plenty of space to keep your accessories neatly tucked away and can hold up to 40 pounds. The front of the stainless steel drawer is lined with Ultraguard fingerprint-resistant material, which helps to keep the surface neat and clean.
Inside of the drawer, there are two adjustable dividers, so you can customize the size for your specific storage needs. Ball-bearings allow the drawer to glide smoothly when it’s opened and closed.
A thick and durable pegboard that measures 48 inches by 24 inches sits above the work surface and comes complete with 23 hooks, so you can create customized storage space for all of your tools and gadgets.
On top of the pegboard sits a cantilever shelf, which provides additional storage. An LED light illuminates your workspace so you’ll be able to enjoy a clear view of whatever it is you’re working on and improves your safety and accuracy. and stays nice and cool.
There’s also a power strip, complete with 2 USB ports, where you can plug in and power up your tools or your chargers. The workbench sits on top of steel feet which can be adjusted to ensure its level. This workstation can carry up to 500 pounds with ease.
The Seville Classics UltraHD Lighted Workbench does have to be assembled, but according to reviews, it’s very easy to put together and it comes with all of the supplies you’ll need to do so. Most users said that they had no trouble setting it up and that they were able to get the job done in no time.
The Seville Classics UltraHD Lighted Workbench is beautifully and thoughtfully designed. It’s made of extremely durable materials, is very durable, and is built to last. It offers plenty of storage to tuck away all of your tools and supplies, and an LED light illuminates the workspace so that you can clearly see what you’re working on.
While it isn’t portable like a lot of other workbenches and it’s pricier than other workbenches featured on our list, we believe that it would make a wonderful addition to any workshop or garage.
- Solid beech wood work surface
- Industrial-grade, powder-coated, corrosion-resistant steel frame
- Large stainless steel storage drawer
- Ball-bearing sliders allow the drawer to smoothly glide opened and closed
- Ultraguard fingerprint-resistant coating along the front of the drawer
- Two inner dividers can be adjusted to customize the storage space inside the drawer
- An oversized, durable pegboard comes, which comes complete with 23 hooks, can be moved with ease to customize the storage of your tools and gadgets
- A cantilever shelf along the top of the pegboard provides additional storage
- An LED light illuminates the workspace
- A power strip with 2 USB ports allow you to charge up your tools and devices with ease
- Bright red color adds to the aesthetic appeal of this workbench and will instantly add interest to your workspace
- Adjustable stainless steel feet ensure the surface is level
- Easy to assemble
- While the feet are adjustable, the workbench doesn’t have wheels, so it can’t be moved around your workshop or garage
- Some users said that it wasn’t as large as they had hoped it would be
- It’s the most expensive workbench on our list; however, given all of the features it offers and the durable construction, we believe that it’s appropriately priced
Keter Jobmade Portable Workbench and Miter Saw Table
If you’re looking for a no-frills, low-cost, durable workbench that you can transport from one location to another, the Keter Jobmade Portable Workbench and Miter Saw Table is the perfect choice for you. This workbench is easy to assemble, made of durable materials, and is compact and lightweight, so you can easily set it up wherever you want to use it. It’s well-priced, can easily withstand wear and tear, and is built to last a long time.
The Portable Workbench and Miter Saw Table from Keter Jobmade is the ideal choice if you have a workspace that is short on space, you plan on working in various locations, and you don’t want to spend a tremendous amount of money.
Made of a mixture of heavy-duty resin and weather-resistant polypropylene, this table won’t rust, peel, or dent and can really take a beating. Measuring 34 inches long by 21.81 inches wide and 4.41 inches high when folded and when standing, it measures 38.19 inches long by 25.39 wide by 89 inches high.
It’s compact enough to tuck away when folded down and when it’s put in its standing position, it offers plenty of space to work on. The legs are made of strong, yet lightweight aluminum, and the table has a holding capacity of up to 1,000 pounds; that’s more than any of the other tables listed in our review.
It takes no more than 30 seconds to set the workbench up. Just remove the legs from the designated storage spot and place them into the holes on the underside of the tabletop. Weighing less than 30 pounds and featuring a sturdy carrying handle, you’ll be able to take this workbench with you wherever you need to use it.
It comes complete with four holding clamps, which can be used to secure various materials. It also comes with a removable tool organizer that clips into the table so you can easily access your tools when you’re working.
For the price, the Keter Jobmade Portable Workbench and Miter Saw Table is very well designed. It’s compact, lightweight, and can be transported virtually anywhere via the carrying handle.
It takes just 30 seconds to set it up and it can accommodate up to 1,000 pounds. Made of extremely durable materials, this workbench is built to last extensive wear and tear with ease.
- Lightweight design; weights just 30 pounds and features a sturdy carrying handle, so you can take it with you wherever you want to use it.
- Durable construction; made of a combination of heavy-duty resin and weather-resistant polypropylene that won’t rust, peel, or dent
- The aluminum legs are lightweight, yet extremely sturdy.
- This workbench has a holding capacity of up to 1,000 pounds, which is really impressive, considering how lightweight and compact it is.
- It can be set up in just 30 seconds.
- Comes complete with a four holding clamps and a removable tool organizer that clips into the side of the table.
- Very affordably priced
- It’s a basic, no-frills workbench
WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Work Table and SawhorseThis work bench from WORX is versatile, easy to set up, and can be used for virtually any project you can think of. It can be converted from a work bench to a sawhorse in a matter of seconds and there’s no assembly required. The compact, foldable, and lightweight design makes it easy to transport and store, ye it’s durable enough that the work bench can hold up to 300 pounds and the sawhorse supports up to 1,000 pounds. The legs lock, too, for increased security.
This work table and sawhorse stands at 32 inches tall when its set up, the perfect height for getting all of those projects done. It comes complete with two quick clamps and four clamp dogs, too, so you can keep your projects secured to the surface.
The WORX Pegasus Multi-Function Work Table and Sawhorse is a two-in-one work surface that can be converted between both surfaces in just 30 seconds and can be used for all types of projects.
The lightweight, compact, and foldable design makes it extremely easy to transport and store. When used as a work bench, it has a 300 pound capacity, and when used as a sawhorse, it has a 1,000 pound capacity. Overall, we think this is a high-quality work bench; especially considering the affordable price tag.
- A work bench and sawhorse in one, and it converts in just seconds
- When used as a work bench, it can hold up to 300 pounds, and when used as a sawhorse, it can hold up to 1,000 pounds
- Compact, foldable, lightweight design allows for easy portability and storage
- Comes with two quick clamps and four clamp dogs
- Tabletop measures 725 square inches and stands at 32 inches height
- Has a max clamping width of 18 inches
- A few customers noted that the material wasn’t as durable as they thought it would be
- Others said that it was broken and missing pieces when they received it
Black and Decker Workmate Portable Work Bench- 350 Pound
If you’re looking for a workbench that’s easily portable for those smaller projects, the Black and Decker Workmate is a great choice. Measuring 33.3 by 5 by 5 inches, this work bench will give you plenty of space for those small woodworking or staining projects.
The work surface is made of two slats of durable hardwood, which sit on a heavy-duty steel frame. Non-skid feet on the bottom of the legs prevent the work bench from sliding and add stability. Considering the small size, it can hold an impressive 350 pounds with ease.
The Workmate Portable Work Bench comes with for swivel pegs, too. And, given the small size, it’s easy to bring with you wherever you’re working and it’s easy to store, too.
If you’re looking for a small work bench to use for those smaller projects, the Black and Decker Workmate Portable Workbench is a great choice. It features a durable steel frame that can support up to 350 pounds, and it’s extremely lightweight and compact, so you can take it with you wherever you want to use it and store it away with ease, as well.
Equipped with four swivel pegs to secure your projects in place and very affordably priced, this work bench is perfect for handyman jobs around the house.
While some users did say that they it wasn’t as sturdy as they had thought it would be, that could be a result of a manufacturer defect or because those users simply didn’t read the weight capacity. Overall, we think that it’s a good-quality portable work bench; especially for the price.
- Features a heavy-duty steel frame
- Non-skid feet for increased stability
- Compact size and lightweight design is easy to transport and store
- Has a holding capacity of up to 350 pounds
- Features four swivel pegs
- Very affordably priced
- A few customers said that it was not as sturdy as they had hoped it would be
- Others said that they had issues folding it down for storage
Black and Decker Workmate Portable Work Bench – 550 Pound
Just like the previous Black and Decker Workmate Portable Work Bench we reviewed above, this one is portable and durably constructed; however, instead of a 300 pound capacity, this one can accommodate up to 550 pounds. In addition to a higher weight capacity, this work bench also features quick and flexible clamping options for increased versatility.
Like all Black and Decker products, this work bench is thoughtfully designed and made of high-quality materials. The frame is made of heavy gauge steel. The surface includes four adjustable swivel pegs, which allows for super easy clamping of those irregularly shaped items.
The large capacity surface can hold up to 550 pounds and the quick folding feature and lightweight design allows for easy portability and storage.
With a higher load capacity, you’ll be able to do more with this work bench than the other Black and Decker Workmate Portable Work Bench we featured above; however, because it can hold more weight and offers more features, do be aware that it does have a higher price tag.
If you’re looking for a portable and lightweight work bench that can hold a decent amount of weight, the Black and Decker Workmate Portable Work Bench is an option worth considering.
Featuring a large solid bamboo work surface, which sits on top of a heavy gauge steel frame, this portable work bench can hold up to 550 pounds. The four swivel clamps can secure irregularly shaped objects in place with ease. The lightweight and easy to fold design makes this work bench highly portable and a breeze to store.
However, do note that it is more expensive than the other Black and Decker Workmate Portable Work Bench that is featured in our list.
- Has a holding capacity of 550 pounds to accommodate all types of projects
- The heavy gauge steel frame is extremely durable and can withstand weight with ease
- The quick folding design allows for easy setup, transport, and storage
- Offers a large work surface that measures 670 by 450 mm and is made of solid bamboo
- A built-in safety mechanism improves your safety while working
- With four swivel pegs, you can easily secure irregularly shaped objects in place
- Some users noted that the crank that is meant to open and close the plank on the side of the table stopped working
- A couple of other customers said that they had issues with fitting the included pegs in place
Keter Folding Table Work Bench for Miter Saw Stand
If you frequently use a miter saw and you’re looking for a stand to use it on, the Keter Folding Table Work Bench will provide you with a stable, sturdy, and reliable surface to do all of your projects on.
The heavy-duty resin design and aluminum legs can support up to 1000 pounds with ease. When standing, it measures 33.46 inches long by 21.65 inches wide by 29.75 inches high, you’ll have plenty of space to work on and you won’t have to worry about hunching over. It folds down, too, so you can easily store this work bench when you’re finished using it.
Weighing in at less than 30 pounds and featuring a built-in handle, you’ll have no trouble moving it around from job to job. This foldable miter saw work bench comes complete with two 12 inch clamps that you can use to keep your projects secured to the surface. With a never-rust design, you can use it indoors or outdoors and it will last for years. With a unique quick opening system, it’s ready to use in just 30 seconds.
The Keter Folding Table Work Bench for Miter Saw Stand is made of durable, rustproof, dent proof, and peel-resistant materials. It folds down and weight just 30 pounds for easy transport and storage, and it sets up in just 30 seconds. This work bench can hold up to 1,000 pounds and comes complete with two 12 inch clamps.
- Has a 1000 pound capacity and can accommodate all types of projects
- Made of weather-resistant, rust-proof polypropylene materials, it won’t rust, dent, or peel
- It takes just 30 seconds to setup
- Lightweight design and built-in handle allows for easy portability and storage
- Affordably priced
- Some users said that it was well-designed, but that the work bench wasn’t strong enough
The Quick Bench Stainless Steel Folding Wall Mounted WorkbenchThe Quick Bench Stainless Steel Folding Wall Mounted Workbench has a space-saving wall mounted design means that it won’t take up floor space, so if your garage or workshop is short on square footage and you don’t want to take up valuable room, this workbench would be the ideal solution for your storage needs.
Fold down the work surface when you need to work on a project and fold it back up when you’re finished. It also includes a pegboard with spacers, which is installed on the wall above the work surface, providing a space to neatly store your tools and gadgets so that they’re close-at-hand and kept neat and tidy.
The Quick Bench Stainless Steel Folding Wall Mounted Workbench is the perfect workstation for a workshop or garage that is short on space. It features a stainless steel work surface that measures 3 feet by 20 inches. The stainless steel construction is extremely durable and can withstand wear-and-tear with ease. The work surface sits on locking heavy-duty brackets that you can fold against the wall when it isn’t in use. The brackets are extremely durable and will keep the work surface sturdy while you’re working. It has a holding capacity of 200 pounds.
A galvanized steel peg board that measures 36 inches by 17.5 inches attaches directly to the wall above the work surface. There’s plenty of spots to place pegs, which can be adjusted to create customized storage for your tools and gadgets.
This workbench offers a neat, clean, polished, and modern look. While it isn’t as aesthetically pleasing as our top pick, it will certainly lend visual interest to your workshop, garage, or anywhere else you install it.
If you’re looking for a sturdy, durable, and thoughtfully designed workbench that will provide plenty of space to work on, yet won’t take up a ton of room in your workshop or garage,
The Quick Bench Stainless Steel Folding Wall Mounted Workbench is a great choice. The pegboard and work surface attach directly to the wall, and the work surface sits on heavy-duty folding brackets, which makes it easy to fold up or down.
It offers a clean, polished look and provides plenty of room to work on and store your tools and gadgets. It’s also made of durable materials and is easy to install.
- Foldable, space-saving design
- Stainless steel work surface sits on heavy-duty brackets that lock in place when the surface is pulled up and secures it in place and can easily be released when not in use so that it can be stored against the wall.
- A galvanized steel pegboard hangs over the work surface and provides plenty of space to hang all of your tools and gadgets
- Durable, sturdy materials
- Easy to assemble
- No storage drawers
Other Best Selling Options
- Lumber not included with each kit (Shelves not included)
- Includes 4 workbench legs, 6 shelf links
- Brackets made of heavy gauge structural resin. Workbench Legs to make a workbench in any length or width up to 8 feet by 4 feet (2.4m x 1.2m)
- Customizable workbench and shelving
- Only straight 90 degree cuts, no miter or angle cuts necessary
- Durable steel frame
- Non skid feet prevent sliding
- Measures 33.3 by 5 by 5 inches; Weighs 17.8 pounds
- Work bench holds upto 350 pounds
- Included components: WM125 project center, (4) swivel pegs
- WORK BENCH: This multipurpose bench is ideal for your next project. It features peg board for tool storage, a 13-watt fluorescent cabinet light, two slide drawers and built-in three outlet grounded power strip.
- CARPENTRY & ASSEMBLY: Heavy-duty steel construction with a durable enamel finish. 80-Inch power cord. Tabletop load capacity: 220 pounds. Top shelf load capacity: 44 pounds.
- MADE TO LAST: Our durable and long-lasting tools help you with home, garage & industrial projects. With professional-grade quality, easily repair & fix issues with our tool cabinet essentials.
- THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB: We engineer a range of bolt cutters, clamps, chisels, folding carts, hammers, pliers, saws, screwdrivers, tape measures, utility knives, vises, bolt cutters, saws & wrenches.
- SUPERIOR INSTRUMENTS: Olympia Tools provides quality & innovative hand & specialty tools, tool accessories & outdoor equipment for construction, woodworking, mechanical maintenance & home repair.
Work Bench Buyer’s Guide
Whether you’re a professional craftsman (carpenter, welder, etc.) or you’re a homeowner who enjoys doing DIY projects, if you’re shopping for a workbench, you’ll find that there is a seemingly endless array of options to choose from.
While choice is certainly a good thing, having too many choices can make the process of shopping for a new workbench a bit overwhelming, to say the least. To help make the process of shopping for a workbench less stressful, we’ve taken the liberty of doing the research for you.
When you’re shopping for a workbench, you want to make sure that you choose the best option to meet your needs. In order to do that, you need to take some important factors into consideration. In this section, we take a look at some of the key factors that you should consider before you choose a workbench for your garage, workshop, or wherever you intend on using it.
There are two main types of workbenches: fixed and portable. A fixed workbench is meant to stay in one place once it’s set up. If you have a dedicated workspace and you don’t plan on moving around, then a fixed workbench would be a good choice for your needs, as they provide a foundation for your space and usually.
Fixed workbenches can be a large structure or they can be collapsible, which helps to save space when they aren’t in use. However, if you intend on working in various locations, whether in the same space or in different areas all together, then you’ll want to invest in a portable workbench that you can move around.
Obviously, you need to make sure that the workbench you choose will fit into the space you intend on using it. This is particularly important if you are interested in purchasing a fixed workbench.
To determine what size you’ll need, make sure that you measure the location where you plan on setting it up. Jot down the measurements so that you can refer to them when you’re shopping.
It’s important to choose a workbench that’s made of durable materials. It needs to be able to support the projects that you will be using to complete, as well as any tools and supplies that you intend on storing on it.
If you’re looking for a portable workbench, make sure that the materials are both durable and lightweight so that you can easily move it around; if it’s too heavy, you’ll have a hard time moving it around.
The Holding Capacity
The holding capacity of a workbench refers to the amount of weight that it can hold. For example, a workbench that has a 500 pound holding capacity can accommodate up to 500 pounds of weight.
Consider the projects you will be working on and any materials that you will be storing on the workbench to determine what type of holding capacity you should be looking for.
You should also consider the height of the workbench. The height is very important, as you want to be sure that you can comfortably use it. If it’s too short, you’ll end up having to hunch over while you’re working, and of course, if it’s too tall, you’ll have a hard time reaching it.
Typically, the height of workbenches ranges between 33 and 36 inches tall. There are some adjustable models, however, which means that you can adjust the height of the legs, and thus, the height of the work surface.
Some workbenches are loaded with a variety of bells and whistles, such as drawers, lighting, power strips, pegboards, and shelves, while others are basic, no-frills and just offer a surface that you can work on.
If you want to store tools and materials on the workbench, then drawers, shelves, and a pegboard would certainly come in handy. A power strip will allow you to charge your gadgets and gizmos right on the workbench.
A light will illuminate the workspace and allow you to easily see whatever it is that you’re working on. Do note, however, that the more features a workbench offers, the more expensive the price tag will be.
Work Bench FAQs
If it’s your first time shopping for a workbench, you probably have some questions. In this section, we provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions consumers have about workbenches.
What type of materials should I look for?
Workbenches are made of a variety of materials. Some of the most popular include steel, plastic, and wood. The type of material you should choose really depends on your specific needs and the type of workbench you are planning on purchasing. Obviously, you want to be sure that it’s durable enough to withstand wear and tear. If it’s a fixed workbench, heavier materials, such as steel and wood, would be fine; however, if it’s portable, consider something that’s more lightweight, such as plastic and aluminum.
How much space will I need?
The answer to this question varies and depends on your specific needs. Consider how you will be using the workbench to determine what size will work best for you.
Can I purchase add-on features?
Yes, you can purchase add-on features. If you buy a basic workbench that lacks features, you can always buy additional features, such as shelves, pegboards, or lights, to add it later on.
Why should I have a workbench?
A workbench is a very valuable asset for a garage or workshop. They can also be useful in laundry rooms, utility rooms, and any other space where you plan on doing projects. The provide a sturdy surface to work on, which will make doing your projects a whole lot easier.
If you’re on the market for a workbench, the three models highlighted in our review are all great choices. However, if you are planning on purchasing a different model, make sure that you take the factors that we mentioned in our buyer’s guide into consideration so that you can choose the best option for your specific needs.